Henry Dietzel
post May 13 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #1

Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.018

Hey Kris,

I have not located any discussions on this issue so I thought I would ask. I realize we can not infringe on the hard work and authorship of others, but where does GMC stand on backing tracks coming from royalty free music? I listen to some royalty free stuff to get inspired when I start regurgitating my own music and was just curious

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post May 15 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

This is an interesting idea - unfortunately even the "creative common" lisence does not give you the right to use the material for commercial use (GMC would be classified as a commercial site since we charge for the content).

Below is a section from wikipedia - the way I see it we might be able to use royaltee-free music of the "Attribution" kind. This isn't something we would like to do without checking with a lawyer first - however, if we find lots of cool content that fall under the "Attribution" model we might look more into it! smile.gif Do you know any such material?

The original set of licenses all grant the "baseline rights". The details of each of these licenses depends on the version, and comprises a selection of four conditions:

* Attribution (by): Licensees may copy, distribute, display and perform the work and make derivative works based on it only if they give the author or licensor the credits in the manner specified by these.

* Noncommercial or NonCommercial (nc): Licensees may copy, distribute, display, and perform the work and make derivative works based on it only for noncommercial purposes.

* No Derivative Works or NoDerivs (nd): Licensees may copy, distribute, display and perform only verbatim copies of the work, not derivative works based on it.

* ShareAlike (sa): Licensees may distribute derivative works only under a license identical to the license that governs the original work. (See also copyleft.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
post May 19 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #3

Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
Group Icon

Member No.: 5.018

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 15 2008, 08:14 AM) *
Do you know any such material?

I am going to do some searching on this topic and I'll let you know what I find out

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 08:59 AM