I Need A New Soundcard, ~100€ should work with Guitar Rig
Skalde
May 19 2008, 06:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello smile.gif

At the moment I am using my onboard soundcard which is no longer sufficient for my needs.
Therefore I need a new one which matches the following features:
I am about to buy the software only version of 'Guitar Rig'. My new soundcard should work with this program, as possible without any noticeable latency or unwanted noise.
I assume, I need a soundcard with low latency and inputs for my guitar cable, right? (6,3mm jack)
Outputs are not that import, actually all I need is an 3.5mm output for my amplifier.
XLR inputs would be nice, but are not needed at all costs.
It schould be a PCI card, no audio interface which is connected to my pc via USB/firewire.

As far as I know, m-audio and edirol offer some good soundcards, but I am not sure which one is the right for my needs.
It should not be too expentive, but work well with GuitarRig. I would spent about 100€, I guess thats the low end for quality producer soundcards... Perhaps I would pay more, but not when not absolute required.
What do you think about this card:
Emu 0404 Digital

I appreciate every comment smile.gif
best regards,
Skalde

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 19 2008, 07:09 PM
Instructor
0404 is the best in the price range ~100e. That card should do the job nicely for home producing stuff.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
fatb0t
May 20 2008, 07:12 PM
GMC:er
Sorry, mis read your post....

This post has been edited by fatb0t: May 20 2008, 07:17 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 25 2008, 04:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I heard only good things about that card !

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: May 25 2008, 04:37 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Skalde
May 25 2008, 07:28 PM
Learning Roadie
ok, thank you guys. I think I will check it out biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
May 25 2008, 11:52 PM
Singing Instructor
I haw that card,and she serves me well,I had a problem with a drivers,but when you get a hang of it she works great.Latency is minimal,and converters work great.As I sad,roting is a bit problem.sound card with your DAW,but when you solw it you will be pleased.I can recommend this card to any one who has the money for her.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th July 2020 - 06:37 PM