Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audacity, Drum Inserts
post May 21 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.442

Hi Guys,

How do I add drums into Audacity 1.3 and also which programs are the best for making them? I have a program at the minute but cannot remember the name.......someone told me EZDrummer and the From Hell kit or something?

Thanks Guys,
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post May 21 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #2

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.194

Don't think you can directly Iain - Audacity is for editing music files rather than mixing/recording and as such it hasn't a facility for opening and using virtual instruments. About the only way would be to render the drum file to a wav/mp3 audio file and then import it to use in Audacity.

Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
+Quote Post
post May 21 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.817

You need a programm that acts as a 'host programm'. eg reaper (freeware)
In Reaper you can load different VST programm like ezdrummer(Drumkit from Hell is the expansion) or Addictive Drums, both are great.
As Tony said, audiacity is just an audio editor. You can only import a drumtrack when you already have it.
You can start by using Rhythm Rascal. Its an easy to use drum machine.
Or wait till I have finished my tutorial about creating backing tracks cool.gif

This post has been edited by Skalde: May 21 2008, 03:27 PM
+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post May 22 2008, 12:51 AM
Post #4

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

I recommend Addictive Drums and EZdrummer but they are VST and you need a recording software with VST support like Reaper , Cubase etc...

For GMC support please email support (at)
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th October 2016 - 12:34 AM