> Question For Trond
TreyDeschamp
post May 26 2008, 03:50 AM
Post #1

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.023

Hey Trond

I was wondering what inspired you to play guitar(bands, people, guitarist etc.) and when you first started playing and what kind of guitar you started on?

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post May 26 2008, 05:05 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

Who inspired me to play? Metallica smile.gif
I was 11, and i saw Metallica's One video on Headbangers Ball (back when it didnt suck). I got the and Justice for All and Master of Puppets albums a short time after and i just thought it would be so cool to have a guitar and play some of this.

I nagged on my parents untill they got fed up and bought me a cheap, cheap Big Sound strat-copy smile.gif and once i figured out what tabs were, and how it works i bought some seriously overpriced Metallica tab-books.
Never took any real lessons though, learned almost everything from the tab-books.. and i kinda regret that as i'm still having problems with some techniques i started playing the wrong way smile.gif

Old habits are hard to shake.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
post May 26 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #3

Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 4.276

Big Sound rocks biggrin.gif
Hehe, seriously though, We're all glad you saw that video when you were 11 smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
post May 26 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #4

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.023

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ May 25 2008, 11:05 PM) *
Who inspired me to play? Metallica smile.gif
I was 11, and i saw Metallica's One video on Headbangers Ball (back when it didnt suck). I got the and Justice for All and Master of Puppets albums a short time after and i just thought it would be so cool to have a guitar and play some of this.

I nagged on my parents untill they got fed up and bought me a cheap, cheap Big Sound strat-copy smile.gif and once i figured out what tabs were, and how it works i bought some seriously overpriced Metallica tab-books.
Never took any real lessons though, learned almost everything from the tab-books.. and i kinda regret that as i'm still having problems with some techniques i started playing the wrong way smile.gif

Old habits are hard to shake.

thats very true I started out learningguitar from my dad and he taught me the basic chords and stuff but I always have my thumb too far up and so its hard for me to move all around

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2017 - 02:26 PM