Mesa Blue Angel
VinceG
May 27 2008, 04:44 AM
GMC:er
So, after being absent in gear buying for over a year, my parents decided that its time for me to get me some new amp. Since, i've been looking around for tube amps as of late, Mesa Blue Angel's came into the local GC store and just hunted my dreams for days. You can change the output of the tubes to 15 w, 30 w, and 40 w. Its great for blues music, but thats the only thing thats holding my breath, oh yea and the fact that it is a Mesa for under $1000. The amp shines on the fact that it has one volume pot, no master volume, and the only way for it to be distorted is cranking that one volume pot.

Just want to know if anyone here played or have one and would like to give me advice on this gear. Mind you that if I did buy this amp, it would be my first tube amp and my second amp after playing for 2 and a half years.

I don't know, part of me is dying for it. and part of me is saying that its not gonna be suited for metal. Metal tube amps are damn expensive thats for sure.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 27 2008, 10:31 AM
Instructor
this amp is suitable to play blues only ,and you can add an external drive pedal for playing Metal

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 27 2008, 11:30 AM
Instructor
As Hisham said, the best option woudl be to add a quality distortion pedal in front of the amp to give it a little kick.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:10 PM