Question About The Line 6 Toneports..., should be an easy answer just double checking
bmh1109
May 27 2008, 11:36 PM
GMC:er
could i run my voodu valve left and right into the line level inputs on the back of like the UX1 tone port. Seems like its the right idea but i wanted to double check

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 28 2008, 12:55 PM
Instructor
Are those outputs on the Vodoo line level? If they are then you should have no troubles.

PS I actually ran once unbalanced level into these inputs but don't really recommend it unless you wanna damage your UX1 unsure.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 28 2008, 01:51 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If the outputs on voodoo valve are balanced than its not a problem smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
bmh1109
May 28 2008, 06:20 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 28 2008, 08:51 AM) *
If the outputs on voodoo valve are balanced than its not a problem smile.gif

hmm the voodu valve line outs go into my sonic maximizer now, which id like to record through as well. After reading the sonic maximizers manual it states it has unbalanced line outs and same with the voodu valve i guess. so not looking too good. The voodu has balanced xlr outs but only the ux2 has dual xlr in for left/right recording and i was looking to save some money.

--------------------
Guitars
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 29 2008, 01:19 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Maybe you can buy a cable which have xlr on one end and normal guitar like jack on the other ?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 29 2008, 06:32 PM
Instructor
You can easily buy an adapter cable like Bole suggested.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bmh1109
May 30 2008, 03:26 AM
if it takes running XLR thats fine because the voodu valve has XLR outs, i just won't be able to use my BBE inline with it. Not that big of a deal I guess.

--------------------
Guitars
Amps

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 30 2008, 12:48 PM
Instructor
What's a BBE inline?

--------------------

+Quote Post
bmh1109
May 30 2008, 05:08 PM
i wanted my recording chain to go guitar > preamp> BBE sonic maximizer > computer. the BBE sonic maximizer i have does not have XLR connections only the 1/4" stuff. So I was saying I would have like to record with my BBE component in the recording chain, but if Im going to use XLR only I wouldn't be able to do that

--------------------
Guitars
Amps

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:14 PM