Pay For The Talent
Rated Htr
May 30 2008, 11:22 PM
Experienced Rock Star
It's my dream to play guitar, to be an artist, to have a band and perform original stuff, my way of expressing myself in music, I live to do music, but people need something to do to "pay the talent"...

Just wondering, mostly for instructors and for people who aren't teenagers that depend on their parents, do you work on something else than guitar? do you make money besides guitar or you have to work to pay for the guitar, food, etc...

You get the idea wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
May 31 2008, 12:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ May 30 2008, 06:22 PM) *
It's my dream to play guitar, to be an artist, to have a band and perform original stuff, my way of expressing myself in music, I live to do music, but people need something to do to "pay the talent"...

Just wondering, mostly for instructors and for people who aren't teenagers that depend on their parents, do you work on something else than guitar? do you make money besides guitar or you have to work to pay for the guitar, food, etc...

You get the idea wink.gif

I am extremely thankful that I now make a living with guitar only. GMC and teaching at a private music school pays the bills. But I've been doing that only since only a year.. Before that I had a lot of different jobs that I didn't like.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jun 1 2008, 05:53 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Great David, I plan on giving my life to music, but I would like to know if anybody did the same as you to figure out if it's really something I can be sure of doing =)

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 1 2008, 09:46 PM
Instructor
the music is a big field so you can depend on your guitar to make a good job and good work and good money

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 1 2008, 09:50 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I am studying and working in my fathers firm. His firm is quite profitable, so most probably I will work there for some time, even though I dream about selling it once, and living from my savings + something I like, guitar playing or painting miniatures, something like that...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 2 2008, 12:58 AM
Instructor
Music business is a constant struggle and not many people make it. But those who do are truly happy. I've never met anyone who does music for living that is not 100% dedicated.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:04 AM