3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Piano Lessons, What's GMC's stand on it?
Oxac
Jun 1 2008, 12:51 AM
GMC:er
Hey Kris & CO. I've actually played the piano since I was a little kid and if I get my hands on a decent camera, I could do piano lessons from easy to almost advanced, in a guitar players perspective. Unfortunately, I don't have any recording device to either record music or video, unless I plug directly into the computer... which is impossible with a piano.

So my question is if you're interested in piano lessons as well, or only in guitar, bass and singing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 1 2008, 12:55 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I'd love some Piano beginner lessons smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 1 2008, 01:10 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Me Too! smile.gif

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jun 1 2008, 01:22 AM
I've got a keyboard at home and have never really known where to start. Beginner lessons would be great! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jun 1 2008, 01:42 AM
ya me 2 i have a keyboard but cant play laugh.gif

if they cant be put on the site you can make them as SI lessons

This post has been edited by Nick325: Jun 1 2008, 01:44 AM

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 1 2008, 03:15 AM
Instructor
I wouldnt mind some piano lessons either smile.gif I dont have any sense of hand-coordination when it comes to pianos/keyboards smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Canis
Jun 1 2008, 03:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
I vote for piano lessons as well =) I've been watching more and more piano covers of great songs on youtube lately...

--------------------

+Quote Post
SEANCD2005
Jun 1 2008, 04:29 AM
id liked piano lessons, I also have keyboard but dont know how to play

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 1 2008, 08:17 AM
Instructor
I'd like them and I hope we will get piano lessons the problem is finding a good teacher tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 1 2008, 09:30 AM
Instructor
good idea to have a piano lessons here .so we can use the keyboards as a piano instead acoustic piano for recording

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jun 1 2008, 11:02 AM
QUOTE (Hisham Al-Sanea @ Jun 1 2008, 10:30 AM) *
good idea to have a piano lessons here .so we can use the keyboards as a piano instead acoustic piano for recording

Yeah, I have a digital piano I can plug directly in my computer, or into the camera (once I get one). But it might be worth a try then, since so many of you would like it.

Might happen after the summer, if I work and get some money and spend it on a camcoder. Thanks for your opinions though.

// Ox

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 1 2008, 12:39 PM
Singing Instructor
Piano lesson would be cool,couse,it is a very useful instrument in every way.I play piano(keyboard) for two hours every day now,and the good stuff is that you can easy record midi instruments,and it is always better then "running" with a muse in your midi key editor.
So,piano lesson would be great.smile.gif

This post has been edited by Nemanja Filipovic: Jun 1 2008, 12:40 PM

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 1 2008, 12:41 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I used to play piano quite a lot, and it's been priceless in making me understand more about chords and stuff. Lessons and the motivation to start again would be great. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 1 2008, 12:45 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jun 1 2008, 01:41 PM) *
t, and it's been priceless in making me understand more about chords and stuff.

I agree,the best way to learn and "feel" the music harmony is trough piano,it helped me a lot when it comes to theory and making songs.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jun 1 2008, 12:58 PM
Beginner Piano lessons would be great! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 1 2008, 01:03 PM
Instructor
Some nice beginner piano lessons would be cool. For starters lesson how to hold hands properly, and what to practice FIRST. Also other than scales up/down, what exercises are good.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jun 1 2008, 07:27 PM
Okay, please feel free to come with suggestions on how to do them, that will do nothing but improve my future lessons. Here's what I've thought about.

First, how to hold hands, how to position oneself for maximum fluidity and accessability. Then I'm going to explain how the notes are distributed on the piano. Then explain what the pedals do, how the piano is constructed. Then just go for chords, how to structure them. Then show a few simple shapes and teach a simple song.

The next lesson would be all about fingering because there's nothing that will limit your playing more than bad fingering doing that over a nice little etude.

Then I'd show chords in the right hand and simple bass slings in the left. What to think about etc. Then the rest will come naturally.

These first lessons would have to be one on one. Then I'd make a more complicated lesson, for those who already got the basics down.

what do you guys think?

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 1 2008, 07:31 PM
GMC Founder
If we can find a good teacher we will aboslutely have piano lessons! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jun 1 2008, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Keyboard lessons would be great i play a little myself but havent had any motivation to continue playing because i cant find any good lessons.. but a tip i can give when it comes to learning spped in fingers you can use any alternate picking excercise here and use the gp file to learn the thing on keyboard. for thoose who do not know how the axcess the keyboard thing in gp it is on the top of the page almost in the middle and it looks like a keyboard

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Jun 1 2008, 07:55 PM
Great idea to me, I played the organ for many years as a kid, so would like to brush up my keyboard skills as I still have a Technics organ.
Top Notch Idea!!!!

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:05 AM