3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
The Best Singing Professional Guitarist
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 1 2008, 05:39 PM
Singing Instructor
I was inspired to open this subject by the other topic here on GMC "Paul Gilbert singing"

So,the best singer,who is professional guitar player,well for me it is SRV,he has that high and strong "Texas" voice,and he always amaze me when I listen to his live performance,hi is so in to the pitch,and almost never of the key.
So what is your choice? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jun 1 2008, 05:58 PM
GMC:er
Stevie Ray Vaughn played and sang like he meant it! Another guy who can sing like crazy, and is a smoking guitar player is Dann Huff of Giant. This guy can shred with the best of them, and has an incredible vocal range. Anybody heard of him?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jun 1 2008, 06:00 PM
my favorite would be Dave Mustaine, But im Biased! tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 2 2008, 02:09 AM
The Dark Canuck
OMG this is so hard... I mean SRV, BB King, Eric Clapton, Bob Marley, and the list goes on and on. I think I'll have to think a bit harder. It's getting late here now and there are just so many to consider for so many reasons.

rok

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Jun 2 2008, 07:16 AM
Just to name a few favorites: James Hetfield-Metallica, Dave Mustaine-Megadeth, Mille Petrozza-Kreator, Chuck Schuldiner-Death and Alexi Laiho - Children of Bodom

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Canis
Jun 2 2008, 07:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
Andrew White =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 2 2008, 08:27 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Devin Townsend (Devin Townsend, Strapping Young Lad, Punky Brüster etc.), Rob Flynn (Machine Head), Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters), Frank Hammersland (Pogo Pops, Popium and solo), Jon Bon Jovi (Bon Jovi), Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray), Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, SRV, James Hetfield (Metallica), Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins), Trent Reznor (NIN), John Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls), Mark Knopfler (Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits), John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Bruce Springsteen, Danko Jones, Max Cavalera (Sepultura, Soulfly), Nicke Andersson (The Hellacopters), Satyr or Sigurd Wongraven (Satyricon)...

That's who I can remember for now, I'll probably update the list later though smile.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 2 2008, 10:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jun 2 2008, 09:27 AM) *
Devin Townsend (Devin Townsend, Strapping Young Lad, Punky Brüster etc.), Rob Flynn (Machine Head), Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters), Frank Hammersland (Pogo Pops, Popium and solo), Jon Bon Jovi (Bon Jovi), Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray), Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, SRV, James Hetfield (Metallica), Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins), Trent Reznor (NIN), John Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls), Mark Knopfler (Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits), John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Bruce Springsteen, Danko Jones, Max Cavalera (Sepultura, Soulfly), Nicke Andersson (The Hellacopters), Satyr or Sigurd Wongraven (Satyricon)...

That's who I can remember for now, I'll probably update the list later though smile.gif

yeah, Devin Townsend and Kai Hansen are a great singers (in a very different styles), and both are great guitar players wink.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 2 2008, 10:59 AM
Get to da Chopper!
I'd probably have to go with Hetfield-not a huge metallica fan but that guy rocks the guitar and the mic!
I like bullet for my valentine now and then- i think Matt Tuck is quite a good singer- but an average guitarist really.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 2 2008, 10:37 PM
Singing Instructor
One of my favorite to is John Mayer..Really like his color,and the style he is going with.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
AnyJimmy
Jun 3 2008, 01:37 PM
I'm so surprised that nobody mentioned Matt Bellamy of Muse! ohmy.gif He's a fantastic singer and a true guitar virtuoso. And on top of that, he's also a mind-blowing pianist.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 3 2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah Matt Bellamy rocks biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
chmilew
Jun 3 2008, 02:06 PM
Ben Harper is a great singer and also a trully good guitarist.
I love the sensual voice of Knopfler especially in Brother in Arms.. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Jun 3 2008, 02:07 PM
Instructor
George Benson

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2008, 02:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jun 2 2008, 04:27 AM) *

yeah! this is a great list!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 3 2008, 02:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AnyJimmy @ Jun 3 2008, 02:37 PM) *
I'm so surprised that nobody mentioned Matt Bellamy of Muse! ohmy.gif He's a fantastic singer and a true guitar virtuoso. And on top of that, he's also a mind-blowing pianist.

yeah, he's another great singer/player (guitar and keys !!! really impresive)

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jun 3 2008, 03:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
David Gilmour

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Jun 3 2008, 03:41 PM
My favorite singer/guitarrist is Kristofer Dahl tongue.gif What about him, world class guitar and world class singing, what more could you ask for?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 3 2008, 03:50 PM
Instructor
BB King

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 3 2008, 08:14 PM
Mikael Akerfelt.. for the win Opeth vocals = absolutly amazing + his guitar is awsome too!
Joseph Duplantier of Gojira is my second choice.. his riffs and growls are so heavy smile.gif
I hate dave mustaines voice but love his guitar smile.gif and mega deth is amazing so hes my third choice.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:34 AM