> If I Could Turn Back Time
SamJ
post Jun 9 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #41

GMC:er

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.597

QUOTE (erik @ Jun 9 2008, 07:01 PM) *
I read about time traveling once in a science magazine. It actually explained the theory pretty good, but I can't quite remember it.. But it did say that for future people to travel back in time to for instance us in 2008, is physicly imposible. One can only travel back to a time to After the time machine is invented for some reason. I wish I still had that magazine.. because I remember there being a very logical explanation to that. So it's possible to travel back in time, but not to a time before the time machine excists.

Oohhhh yeah, I think I read about that somewhere as well.

I think that theory is about using a time machine. It can't be used to travel to a time before the time machine was constructed because there would be no time machine in the past for you to travel to. There needs to be something on the other end if you get what I mean.

If scientists did build one of these time machines, as soon it's made it's possible that someone could come from the future straight away.

I also saw a guy on TV chat show a while back saying he needed funding for a time machine he had designed. He said that with the right about of money he could create a machine to spin an atom extremely fast in spirals and send it back a couple of seconds or so. So I suppose if that worked they could then use it on a much bigger scale to make someone go back even further.

EDIT: Here's an interview with the guy I was speaking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po99JEgOiuY

He explains how we don't see time travellers and how it's impossible to go back to a time before the time machine was constructed. Interesting stuff.

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: Jun 9 2008, 07:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
erik
post Jun 9 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 913

wow, that was pretty cool. Check out this aswell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSqb94hd2To&NR=1

+Quote Post
SamJ
post Jun 9 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #43

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.597

QUOTE (erik @ Jun 9 2008, 08:50 PM) *
wow, that was pretty cool. Check out this aswell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSqb94hd2To&NR=1

Woww, that's interesting, it explains it really clearly as well. Great video, thanks for the link! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
post Jun 10 2008, 04:32 AM
Post #44

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.852

I was thinking about this topic today... and if i could go back in time, id go back to when i was 15 and give myself a bunch of these lessons they have out on vhs, cause there wasnt dvd yet... and then id talk to myself about keeping the damn straws outta my nose

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kosei Kubota
post Jun 10 2008, 06:02 AM
Post #45

Classical Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2.268

I would go back to 18th Century, and have J. S. Back listen to some metal.
He might like it and compose a fugue upon it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
post Jun 10 2008, 06:32 AM
Post #46

Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.018

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 2 2008, 08:32 AM) *
... If I could find a way biggrin.gif

No. This topic is about time travel. If you could travel back in time would you? I always thought it would be pretty cool. Taking all the guitar skills back and playing all the famous songs out now before they were written and becoming extra famous. biggrin.gif

Would you go back or forward in time if you could? What would you travel back to?

I have thought about this for years.........as the great JL sang "Imagine all the people"!!! Bringing back what we know now might be like Michael J. Fox saying....."but your kids are gonna love it"!!

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2017 - 02:08 PM