2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Any Help?
Young Guitarist
Jun 10 2008, 12:45 PM
GMC:er
Okay! im gonna try! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock On!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 10 2008, 12:45 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Young Guitarist @ Jun 10 2008, 01:42 PM) *
i guess il just make my dad drive me to the instrument shop, and make the staff tune it for me biggrin.gif

Before you do that. When playing drop C which is very low you'd be better off using a baritone guitar which has a scale length inbetween a guitar and a bass. That allows for lower tunings while still sounding good.

On your guitar, if it's just a normal one, I'm pretty convinced it will sound like total crap.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 10 2008, 12:51 PM
Instructor
You're doing something terribly wrong as far as I can see.

Do the following steps:

1. Tune the strings to standard tuning. (you can use my tuning tutorial lesson here on GMC)
2. Detune the low E string to a whole step down. (this means that you have ti lose the string a little until on the tuner it reaches the note D. So as you lose the E string slowly you'll pass Eb(D#) on the tuner and go down another half step to D).
3. Check the tuning (when you press 7th fret on the low E string it should ring the same as the open A string)

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Jun 10 2008, 01:03 PM
Ok. It sounds like total crap, i need a new guitar :/

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 10 2008, 01:05 PM
QUOTE (Young Guitarist @ Jun 10 2008, 01:03 PM) *
Ok. It sounds like total crap, i need a new guitar :/

It shoudln't sound bad mate on any strings to be honest. Mine has 9's and can go down to drop c. I think you are doing something very wrong. Firstly tune everything down a whole step. Till you are in DADGBE and then Tune the Bass E string that is now a D down to C and it should sound fine. Otherwise go to the shop and get them to explain to you how to tune it in and watch carefully. If they are a nice shop they should do it for no cost.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Jun 10 2008, 01:14 PM
Well. ii guess im doing something IMMENSELY wrong, but all my tuner shows is "6E" and when i tune it down a whole step it says nothing. It goes "dead" sad.gif

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 10 2008, 01:16 PM
QUOTE (Young Guitarist @ Jun 10 2008, 01:14 PM) *
Well. ii guess im doing something IMMENSELY wrong, but all my tuner shows is "6E" and when i tune it down a whole step it says nothing. It goes "dead" sad.gif

What tuner do you own?

It may be one that only tunes to E, A, D, G or B. My old tuner was like that.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jun 10 2008, 01:17 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Jun 10 2008, 01:24 PM
erm, il take a picture of it tongue.gif and post here.

nvm the picture, its a Morgan Chromatic Tuner GT-1 :/

Got it when i bought the guitar

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 10 2008, 01:33 PM
Can you find a link to tuner on the net? I can't find anything.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 10 2008, 02:53 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Young Guitarist @ Jun 10 2008, 02:14 PM) *

I mentioned that in an earlier post, that if you can get all strings right but the thick E, tune it towards the C that you already got just a lower octave. Have to use ears there mate...

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Jun 11 2008, 09:31 AM
Oww, s*** is all i can say biggrin.gif Anyone here living in the sandnes/stavanger area that knows how to tune? lmao xD

Edit for language - Smells

This post has been edited by Smells: Jun 11 2008, 09:51 AM

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Jun 11 2008, 05:14 PM
GOT IT!! biggrin.gif Mark helped me Live on MSN biggrin.gif

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2021 - 01:25 AM