Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Zone - For Marcus
post Jun 10 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.260

Hey Marcus,

I posted this in another category, but thought I should aim this at you. You're playing is out of this world and as a pro, I thought you might have a tip:

You know that "zone" when you're improvising great and not thinking? It's just coming out of your fingers and sounds great? Does anyone have any tips on getting to that point quickly? When playing over a backing track, sometimes it takes me a good 3 minutes into a solo to get in the "zone" and I can't figure out what triggers that feeling.

I'm sure there must be some professional players out there who might have a trick or two to get to that magical place quickly.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
post Jun 11 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #2

Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.464

Knowledge will help for sure. The more familiar you are with scales for example the less you will have to think about what you are doing, but if you are constantly trying to find the right notes somewhere on your fretboard this will hold you back for sure. Of course knowing scales doesn't make you a great improviser by default, some practice might be needed on top, but knowing your tools is for sure the right way.

Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 10:38 PM