Nocturnal Vision, My first shot
xxrix
Jun 12 2008, 09:48 AM
GMC:er
Well Marcus,

as I told you in my PM this is still incomplete....I have to study the last part, so I've improvised the end of the song.
The recording is not so good, but it should work.

Attached File  My_Nocturnal_2.mp3 ( 3.15MB ) Number of downloads: 394

I look forward for your advices and the comments of the other members are of course welcome... biggrin.gif

Ciao
Riccardo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 13 2008, 07:36 AM
Instructor
Hi Riccardo! Finally I get to hear it! biggrin.gif

First, you've learned almost the whole song. And nice improvisation in the end - Great job!!
There are few mistakes, but over all I think you have good control over both the pitch and the tone. You also accent some notes in a nice way, which make it more interesting to listen to.

What you need to work on is the timing!

You play many of the licks a bit faster than they should be played, and that’s not a good thing in this case, because it doesn’t sound as if you’re in sync with the backing all the time. As boring as i may sound; I advise you to work with a metronome at slower speeds and stomp your foot on every beat. I promise it will pay off! smile.gif

Please keep me updated on your progress!

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
xxrix
Jun 13 2008, 09:57 AM
GMC:er
Hallo Marcus,

yep, I know…that’s my main problem… rolleyes.gif I’ll keep working on that, thank you very much for your precious advices cool.gif

Ciao
Riccardo

QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Jun 13 2008, 08:36 AM) *
Hi Riccardo! Finally I get to hear it! biggrin.gif

First, you've learned almost the whole song. And nice improvisation in the end - Great job!!
There are few mistakes, but over all I think you have good control over both the pitch and the tone. You also accent some notes in a nice way, which make it more interesting to listen to.

What you need to work on is the timing!

You play many of the licks a bit faster than they should be played, and that’s not a good thing in this case, because it doesn’t sound as if you’re in sync with the backing all the time. As boring as i may sound; I advise you to work with a metronome at slower speeds and stomp your foot on every beat. I promise it will pay off! smile.gif

Please keep me updated on your progress!

-Marcus

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:37 AM