Cheap Classical Guitar Recommendation?
btrigorivas
Jun 18 2008, 06:25 AM
GMC:er
I am going to Spain this summer to visit my family there, and im planning to buy a really cheap guitar to practice, I mean a 50 euros or less guitar, i know i cant expect anything good for that but i would like to get something decent, which would you recommend?
ive seen Rocio brand are they any good?
Thank you

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 18 2008, 08:48 AM
trying one out would be your best bet for how decent you want it to be.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 18 2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah. Just go there and try them out. Buy the one you're happiest with. It's all about personal preference. If you're happy with it then it is a great guitar. It doesn't matter if the entire world disagrees as long as you're happy. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 18 2008, 01:00 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I bought cheap Hohner HC06 classical guitar and its great smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
btrigorivas
Jun 18 2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks guys for your advice, ill be going to a shop in Spain, and i hope i can get something good from a not known brand so it is very cheap. As long it stays in tune is going to be good for me, i just want it to be really cheap.

This post has been edited by btrigorivas: Jun 18 2008, 09:16 PM

+Quote Post
swingline
Jun 18 2008, 05:30 PM
Also check some pawn shops they could probably hook you up cheap.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 18 2008, 05:39 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Best idea is to try some guitars in the shop, or even two shops. Otherwise, I think that for learning any working guitar will be good, and when You will have more money and skill, You can buy something "top class".

--------------------

+Quote Post
btrigorivas
Jun 18 2008, 09:15 PM
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jun 18 2008, 10:39 AM) *
Best idea is to try some guitars in the shop, or even two shops. Otherwise, I think that for learning any working guitar will be good, and when You will have more money and skill, You can buy something "top class".

I already own a Godin Multiac Grand Concert Duet, which is a very very good guitar, i really love it, i just want a guitar to practice in my summer vacation, because i dont want to take my guitar from Mexico to Spain.

+Quote Post
Raw
Jun 21 2008, 12:52 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 18 2008, 01:00 PM) *
I bought cheap Hohner HC06 classical guitar and its great smile.gif

Yeah, I got one too. It is not a great guitar, but you pay half the price its worth. Another thing to keep in mind is that guitars, and especially classical ones, get more sustain and a better, bigger and more round sound after a while with playing. Cant really come up with the name for it in english, but its because the wood gets kinda "played in" after a while. Therefore, brand new classical guitars can "grow" better with time.

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jun 23 2008, 02:51 AM
Instructor
You should test any guitar by your self, for that price you can't expect big tone or volume, but you can make sure thet the guitar is confortable and stays in tune, becouse wood is something alive,each guitar sounds different, whit some research you could get lucky, a good idea is go to the local classical guitar conservatory and ask which cheap guitar is nice for the starting students.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:54 AM