Your Top 10 Favourite Drop-d Rock And Metal Tracks?, ...or ur top 50, or whatever...
buttmonk
Jun 24 2008, 08:15 PM
GMC:er
Hi there,

Looking for hard rock and metal drop-D inspiration! Pls post ur favourite drop-D tracks. I am really looking for easy to intermediate difficulty but anything goes...

cheers,

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 24 2008, 08:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASVYK7IiDH0

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 24 2008, 08:51 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Trivium - Rain
Trivium - Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr
Trivium - Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation

Anything off of Trivium's "Ascendancy" is in drop D, And the entire album is actually pretty easy to learn, Its not as hard as it may sound or look, Especially those songs.

Opeth - The Grand Conjuration

The actual song is much longer, and is better of course. But you can never go wrong with Opeth.

Bruce Dickinson - Abduction

Solo is pretty tough, But the actual song is pretty easy to learn an really fun to play.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 24 2008, 08:56 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 24 2008, 08:51 PM) *
Trivium - Rain
Trivium - Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr
Trivium - Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation

Anything off of Trivium's "Ascendancy" is in drop D, And the entire album is actually pretty easy to learn, Its not as hard as it may sound or look, Especially those songs.

+1

Good album in my opinion. Once you've got the basic metal rhthym playing down then these songs are well within your reach. Also many of the solos on the album are very doable, some- not quite so easy tongue.gif (well, not for me anway!)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 24 2008, 09:05 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah a lot of the solos are pretty easy, Its just the speed, And then some are pretty damn hard laugh.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 24 2008, 11:58 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (buttmonk @ Jun 24 2008, 04:15 PM) *
Hi there,

Looking for hard rock and metal drop-D inspiration! Pls post ur favourite drop-D tracks. I am really looking for easy to intermediate difficulty but anything goes...

cheers,

Here are a few of the first songs I learned to play in drop D. Not really metal I guess but would probably fall into the easy to intermediate catagory you were looking for.

Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Killing in the name - Rage Against the Machine (don't quite have the solo down for this one yet though)
Born of a Broken Man - Rage Against the Machine
Spoonman - Soundgarden
Stripped - Rammstein

rok

+Quote Post
buttmonk
Jun 25 2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks all for the suggestions! Will check them all out, Trivium is new for me so that could be interesting. Rokchik, that is good list since they are all bands that I know and like but the haven't had a go at any of those specific tracks yet:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jun 25 2008, 08:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qm1RJQClDc

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Vasilis
Jun 25 2008, 11:29 AM
Home-Dream Theater https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_g13kUZWkE...feature=related
Killing in the name of-Rage Against the Machine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clpCQFiSIBg
Ashes-Pain Of Salvation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-5cn4o5oDY
Halo-Machine head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax3oPkRqGM8

+Quote Post
seagull
Jun 25 2008, 11:38 AM
The riffs from "Historical Failure" are pretty damn sweet...tongue.gif

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jun 25 2008, 07:37 PM
Sanctity - Zeppo is great! biggrin.gif

I don't know very many songs in drop D as the bands I listen to usually has the tuning of E, D or drop C, but no Drop D xP

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 26 2008, 05:41 PM
Instructor
I want add "Black Hole Sun" (Soundgarden)

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSkyEyBczU

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:40 AM