Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blues Soloing Beginner, Needing some advice
post Jun 28 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.880

Hi Ivan,

First let me praise your efforts here at GMC. You are a very good guitarist and a skilled teacher! And I begin to believe that we have a lot of common preferences in musical styles: blues, funk etc.

I'm working with the Blues solo for beginners and find it spot on for my level. I can play most of the parts almost up to speed, except for the fast run. But it's slowly getting there.

I have one problem though: it's difficult for me to put it all together. I start out following the backing track (the slow one) pretty well, but then I loose it. I can't really find the correct spots to jump in on the different parts. Then I try to follow you in the full take, but that's just too fast for me. After a little while I fall out of it. So I guess I'm dreaming of a slow, full take, with you playing the whole thing at, let's say 70 bpm or so. Or some advice to get around this problem...

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Jun 28 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

Hey man, I'm currently in the process of updating all my lessons with better backings. I will give you some extra slow backings in the lesson by the end of the month I hope. Also you can play for me the lesson and upload it here, and I will tell you what needs more practice straight away ok?

CHeers! smile.gif

- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 01:08 PM