4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Kris & Marcus Go Techno, KMC Metal - " Set Me On Fire "
jacmoe
Jul 11 2008, 09:14 PM
GMC:er
Awesome crazy coolness! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 11 2008, 09:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
OMG this is awesome work!!! Cool singing too!! smile.gif Tune is great , you should apply for Eurovision contest with it smile.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 11 2008, 09:37 PM
Instructor
Very interesting and fresh. Cool mix guys, great job, sound quality and mixing is great too.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 11 2008, 09:40 PM
The Dark Canuck
You guys never cease to amaze smile.gif

Great song, great vocals, great everything. I really enjoyed this Kris and Marcus... I would have been dancin but I have my back thrown out so just some serious head bobbin wink.gif smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
mmiguel
Jul 11 2008, 09:50 PM
It reminds me of linkin park, expecially when the high voice sings a note for a long time and the base keeps singing. =)
excellent work!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 11 2008, 10:15 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (mmiguel @ Jul 11 2008, 10:50 PM) *
It reminds me of linkin park, expecially when the high voice sings a note for a long time and the base keeps singing. =)
excellent work!

Hehe yes I also thought of that - I told Marcus when I had my first idea of the voocals that "it's going to be like Rammstein meets nu-metal"! blink.gif

QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 11 2008, 10:40 PM) *
Great song, great vocals, great everything. I really enjoyed this Kris and Marcus... I would have been dancin but I have my back thrown out so just some serious head bobbin wink.gif smile.gif

Thanks Rok! biggrin.gif Well actually that gave me an idea for a video as well!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 11 2008, 10:37 PM) *
Very interesting and fresh. Cool mix guys, great job, sound quality and mixing is great too.

Thanks Ivan! Marcus is, simply put, the mixer-king! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 11 2008, 10:31 PM) *
OMG this is awesome work!!! Cool singing too!! smile.gif Tune is great , you should apply for Eurovision contest with it smile.gif smile.gif

But then we'd have to dance! sad.gif Well I guess it's ambiguous for me to complain since I have done some voluntary dancing in the past! dry.gif

Thanks Bogdan! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Zizi Top @ Jul 11 2008, 10:13 PM) *
Wow Kris, your voice, I like it a lot ! Great work guys, can't wait for next song
and by the way I can imagine kris singing while doing his lifetime sacred mimics lol

Hehe thanks Zizi! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 11 2008, 10:09 PM) *
laugh.gif I think you guys can work it out! tongue.gif laugh.gif

I guess we would have to duel about it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Siggum @ Jul 11 2008, 10:04 PM) *
Great song guys, i think its really cool that you explore different territory, and that you have musical curiuosity biggrin.gif just like myself, in my opinion any music can be good, country, jazz polka, etc biggrin.gif Also i really like the vocals nice drive.

Thanks yes I agree! For me the whole charm with music lies in the curiousity - nothing gives me greater kicks than trying out new stuff. It can be anything from new shred licks to new music styles. I deeply recommend everyone to try it!

Also - I believe it's really important to explore different kind of things if you want to come up with an original style!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 11 2008, 10:44 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jul 11 2008, 09:44 PM) *
Great song! biggrin.gif Nice to hear the results of this collab. You play really great. I LOVE YOU! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Your love is answered wub.gif - thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jul 11 2008, 11:30 PM
Instructor
good track and nicely done

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 12 2008, 12:53 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Kris and Marcus................YOU GUYS FREAKIN RULE!!!!! That was amazing. Nice work guys.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jul 12 2008, 01:03 AM
Haha that's awesome! laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jul 12 2008, 01:09 AM
Sounds like a Rammstein spoof lol, great job guys smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 12 2008, 08:03 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks guys - we are really happy you like it! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Jul 12 2008, 08:15 AM
I listened to it again... But, this time late at night. It's even more awesome with this type of atmosphere! Really good job guys! I hope to see more KMC Metal lessons soon!! It always puts a smile on my face when I see one on the home page. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jul 12 2008, 09:01 AM
Instructor
Thanks everyone for all your kind words!! It means a lot biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 11 2008, 09:42 PM) *
So you are saying you would want to do the makeup dancing - or you want me to do it?! mad.gif

laugh.gif

Hehe... I thought skennington signed up to do the dancing? rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 11 2008, 10:31 PM) *

Thanks Bogdan! Hey, we put some out-of-scale-slap-bass at the solo part. Do you think we did allright there? I'd like to hear a real pro bass players comment on it if you don't mind (that thing was also new territory, at least for me) unsure.gif

QUOTE (Déjà vu @ Jul 12 2008, 09:15 AM) *
I listened to it again... But, this time late at night. It's even more awesome with this type of atmosphere! Really good job guys! I hope to see more KMC Metal lessons soon!! It always puts a smile on my face when I see one on the home page. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks Déjà vu'! I know what you mean, because I've listen to it for many nights now! smile.gif
I think that the song grows in some strange way. The more I listen to it, the more I like it! laugh.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 12 2008, 03:33 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Jul 12 2008, 04:01 AM) *
Hehe... I thought skennington signed up to do the dancing? rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Ok guys, might not be pretty but I'll do it laugh.gif
....walks off thinking,what have I got myself into...... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jul 12 2008, 04:26 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I don't even like techno but I love this o.O OMG! It's great, nice job you guys biggrin.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jul 12 2008, 05:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 12 2008, 04:33 PM) *
Ok guys, might not be pretty but I'll do it laugh.gif
....walks off thinking,what have I got myself into...... unsure.gif

Hehe... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jul 12 2008, 05:26 PM) *
I don't even like techno but I love this o.O OMG! It's great, nice job you guys biggrin.gif

Thank you Rated Htr smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 12 2008, 07:26 PM
Instructor
Love it! smile.gif Great song and excellent performances

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 12 2008, 09:45 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jul 12 2008, 08:26 PM) *
Love it! smile.gif Great song and excellent performances

Thanks Trond - I am a great fan of your compositions and performances so it's fantastic to hear this from you! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 12 2008, 09:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very cool song, as all your other works. Very techno meets no metal ish kinda ish.

I like the almost...what do you call those...shrieking background vocals of some parts. They were very Magnus Ekwall from Ayreons The Human Equation-ish. More of those! In front! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:23 AM