Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Curious thread
Jeff
post Jul 8 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 706

Yeah I'm still working on Curious Coincidence. It's a tuff one but I'm hanging in there with it.

I find the part where muting and picking the E and A strings and then immediately doing the hammer-on's, tapping and legato is the most challanging part of the song. (You know where I'm talking about!)

Need to work on the dance moves too! laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Jul 8 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

The key to that part is basically to be able to play the whole run without picking. As soon as you can do that. you won't have a problem adding the little nuance things such as palm muting, picking etc.

K

+Quote Post
DanielM
post Jul 8 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 725

that in my opinion is the 2nd hardest run in the whole song.

the hardest for me being the two scales in the middle of the solo where you palm mute the 'outside' notes. you know after the first tapped arepggio. i can do the two scales fine but can't do the rhythm or put them into the solo when playing i completely lose it.

P.S i have a cut on my ring finger at the moment so i can't play properly sad.gif

+Quote Post
sanders4617
post Jul 9 2006, 03:26 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 275

This is sort of off-topic but still involves that song.. Like at the beginning (2nd video), you do the lick and you palm mute most of it.. when I palm mute, only on the top 4 strings do I get the good palm muting sound (and its still not too good though).. and on the bottom 2, its either I hit the full note or just mute the note out all together. My cousin has a guitar with humbuckers.. I can palm mute that thing without any problems. Are humbuckers better for that stuff, or is it just the way the guitar is? I can do like rhythm palm muting fine because its usually the top 4 strings. Like on "Ain't Talkin Bout Love".. I can play the riff great.. its just the bottom two don't ever wanna mute right. lol.

Anyway.. sorry to get this topic off-topic.. but it sort of involves that song because I can't make that part sound the way I really want to on my guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Jul 9 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #5

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

I am no expert at the humbucker thing - but the sound of palm muted notes with distortion is usually the biggest difference between a strat and a les paul, as an example.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 07:47 PM