> How Do You Record Your Lessons?, Camera+micro
Kapto
post Jul 16 2008, 09:26 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.479

Hi Trond
Just wondering how you get that neat and clear sound on your video lessons. Do you record straight from camera, micro...or use a special software?.
I'm thinking it's time to get a camera just in case some day I need advice regarding some guitar techniques so I can upload takes of a certain exercise or lesson but I'd like to make sure that the sound to be recorded will be acceptable.
Thanks for your lessons. They all grab my attention and put a grin on my face watching you playing.

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Jul 16 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

Hia smile.gif and thanks! Glad you like my videos smile.gif

I dont use my camera for anything else than picture. I record everything in Cubase through the soundcard. And after i have filmed, i import the audio from cubase onto the videotracks in Sony Vegas, and synch them properly.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Anticlock
post Jul 24 2008, 11:58 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5.258

Hi Trond,

since I really like your sound I'd like to see a detailed tutorial - which doesn't have to be a video - of how you record stuff properly with Cubase and whatever else you use to make it sound so professional. Perhaps you could also show how to include good-sounding bass lines and drum patterns.
Sounds to me like a lot of work for you, but I'm having difficulties setting up my own little home-recording gear, so I'll just ask.

Always looking forward to your lessons
Cheers, Sven

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Jul 24 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

QUOTE (Anticlock @ Jul 24 2008, 12:58 PM) *
Hi Trond,

since I really like your sound I'd like to see a detailed tutorial - which doesn't have to be a video - of how you record stuff properly with Cubase and whatever else you use to make it sound so professional. Perhaps you could also show how to include good-sounding bass lines and drum patterns.
Sounds to me like a lot of work for you, but I'm having difficulties setting up my own little home-recording gear, so I'll just ask.

Always looking forward to your lessons
Cheers, Sven

Thanks smile.gif Glad you like the lessons.

I can probably do a text/screenshot tutorial later today, or atleast start on one.
I tried making a tutorial video some time ago without much luck, i just couldnt get a good structure or get the screencaptures good enough so this sounds like a good idea smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Anticlock
post Jul 24 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5.258

That's a great idea (the text/screenshots-structure), really looking forward to it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 12:07 PM