2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You Ever Have One Of Those Days When You Just Can't Play For Crap?
Tolek
post Jul 20 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #21

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 1.402

And today it´s my turn. wacko.gif My finger simply don´ want to move correctly. I can´t get over 80 bpm or so. (except from the solo in "For the Love of God" which is a lot legato ^^) And tomorrow I can´t play my lovely JEM because I´m sending it away to Cologne. It has to be repared (bridge adjustment and other stuff).
I hope it will pass soon. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
post Jul 20 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #22

Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 4.276

Yeah, I have those days every now and then..
And it's usually those days I have time to practice or record something sad.gif laugh.gif

But it passes, so it's all good in the end smile.gif

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Jul 20 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #23

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jul 20 2008, 07:44 PM) *
Yeah, I have those days every now and then..
And it's usually those days I have time to practice or record something sad.gif laugh.gif

Agreed, always comes at the worst times. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Jul 20 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #24

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 19 2008, 10:47 PM) *
I wasw so excited about getting to play today, just now, after having been at Odense Stadium watching football. Then I came home, and there was this huge spider on my computer keyboard. I tried to kill it by smashing it, but god was it fast and it escaped me. I've never seen a thing so fast in my life - not a spider at least. It ran and hid it self and now I can't find the damn spider anymore to kill it. And I'm terrified of it! Hahaha... so now I'm not in the mood for playing the guitar anymore.

eheeh i hate insects too! But I can't make myself kill them...I just try to avoid encounters smile.gif hehehe

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
kjutte
post Jul 21 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #25

GMC:er

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.337

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jul 20 2008, 07:23 PM) *
And today it´s my turn. wacko.gif My finger simply don´ want to move correctly. I can´t get over 80 bpm or so. (except from the solo in "For the Love of God" which is a lot legato ^^) And tomorrow I can´t play my lovely JEM because I´m sending it away to Cologne. It has to be repared (bridge adjustment and other stuff).
I hope it will pass soon. sad.gif

Learn to set it up yourself.
It's fun to do, and you don't have to send your *precious* away.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 19 2008, 10:47 PM) *
I wasw so excited about getting to play today, just now, after having been at Odense Stadium watching football. Then I came home, and there was this huge spider on my computer keyboard. I tried to kill it by smashing it, but god was it fast and it escaped me. I've never seen a thing so fast in my life - not a spider at least. It ran and hid it self and now I can't find the damn spider anymore to kill it. And I'm terrified of it! Hahaha... so now I'm not in the mood for playing the guitar anymore.

hahahahahahaha!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
post Jul 21 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #26

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 1.402

Learn to set it up yourself.
It's fun to do, and you don't have to send your *precious* away.

I´ve already tried to do it several times and I managed to get the bridge in the normal position. However, my *precious* detunes all the time when I use the whammy bar. And the whole where it goes in is a bit damaged (my little brother played with the whammy bar -.-). I hope it will be back this week. smile.gif

Another day, another power. I hope today I will play better than yesterday. wink.gif

Cheers

+Quote Post
kjutte
post Jul 21 2008, 01:58 PM
Post #27

GMC:er

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.337

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jul 21 2008, 11:14 AM) *
I´ve already tried to do it several times and I managed to get the bridge in the normal position. However, my *precious* detunes all the time when I use the whammy bar. And the whole where it goes in is a bit damaged (my little brother played with the whammy bar -.-). I hope it will be back this week. smile.gif

Another day, another power. I hope today I will play better than yesterday. wink.gif

Cheers

First you set action, then you set bridge paralell to body, then you balance springs so that high and low E are correct even though you start tune on either side - and last you do intonation.

That will give a good result smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 07:32 PM