Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kjutte
post Jul 19 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.337

Obviously not topic, but lamb of god actually means Jesus. The irony... biggrin.gif

Anyway, nice take man. Would be even nicer in time (with a metronome or drum machine) though.

This post has been edited by kjutte: Jul 19 2008, 01:32 PM

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
post Jul 19 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.929

I like your tone. What set up are you using?

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
post Jul 19 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3.852

QUOTE (Tomotoms @ Jul 19 2008, 01:47 PM) *
I like your tone. What set up are you using?

Im using my ESP MH-1000 guitar going into a POD X3 to the computer... I also have it plugged into my amp so i can hear it when i play.. I have the amp on clean.. I downloaded a zak wylde tone from line 6 and tweaked it to my liking... heres the setting if you have a pod... I love this tone and cant seem to find another one i like better..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
post Jul 19 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1.929

Yeah, I do have a pod. Thanks very much for the setting, I'll have a play around with that later. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Jul 19 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

Nice! smile.gif I like it, and your sound is cool.
One thing i can comment on though, is that you seem to skip alot of notes on the sections after the first.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Jul 19 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (kjutte @ Jul 19 2008, 07:31 AM) *
Obviously not topic, but lamb of god actually means Jesus. The irony... biggrin.gif

Anyway, nice take man. Would be even nicer in time (with a metronome or drum machine) though.

People here should do as Outlaw did, display their technique clearly, not cluttering it up with crap. Save that for youtube. I wish teachers would provide a clean lesson example like this, but only one ever did, and he is long gone. You can train a monkey to turn on a drum machine, I don't care about anyone's backing tracks, overdubbing, editing, or drum machines. When they upload, I just want to hear what their fingers are doing.

Being said, it was nice Outlaw, very clean. However, it is too straightforward, too clock like. Maybe you had a metronome going, I don't know. You have to be careful about metronomes, they can be your best friend and your worst enemy.

Listen to Lian's Blind Guardian lesson. How he plays it, notes held maybe a bit longer than on the GP, or a bit quicker. Listen to the first part, he has 3 quarter notes, but he holds the first a bit, and plays the last two quicker. Strive for that kind of thing, put more of yourself into it. Little nuances, to make it less clock like.

I give you an A grade on this, but I think you can understand what I am saying. Excellent, but if you want to take it to a special level above that, you have to put more of yourself into it, more soulful. Trying holding some notes just a hair longer. If you listen to me, and don't say "fkalich can kiss my......", and do another take of this, let me know by mail, I will want to hear it.

edit: wrote to when I should have wrote too.

edit2: Trond is certainly not clock like. I used the Lian example because what I am saying clearly stands out in that piece. The GP sounds nothing like his play. That is what I am saying, you have to be careful to avoid sounding too much like GP.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jul 19 2008, 06:05 PM

+Quote Post
kjutte
post Jul 19 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 19 2008, 06:58 PM) *
People here should do as Outlaw did, display their technique clearly, not cluttering it up with crap. Save that for youtube. I wish teachers would provide a clean lesson example like this, but only one ever did, and he is long gone. You can train a monkey to turn on a drum machine, I don't care about anyone's backing tracks, overdubbing, editing, or drum machines. When they upload, I just want to hear what their fingers are doing.

Being said, it was nice Outlaw, very clean. However, it is too straightforward, too clock like. Maybe you had a metronome going, I don't know. You have to be careful about metronomes, they can be your best friend and your worst enemy.

Listen to Lian's Blind Guardian lesson. How he plays it, notes held maybe a bit longer than on the GP, or a bit quicker. Listen to the first part, he has 3 quarter notes, but he holds the first a bit, and plays the last two quicker. Strive for that kind of thing, put more of yourself into it. Little nuances, to make it less clock like.

I give you an A grade on this, but I think you can understand what I am saying. Excellent, but if you want to take it to a special level above that, you have to put more of yourself into it, more soulful. Trying holding some notes just a hair longer. If you listen to me, and don't say "fkalich can kiss my......", and do another take of this, let me know by mail, I will want to hear it.

edit2: Trond is certainly not clock like. I used the Lian example because what I am saying clearly stands out in that piece. The GP sounds nothing like his play. That is what I am saying, you have to be careful to avoid sounding too much like GP.

How can a metronome be an enemy?
Great tool to playing intime without worrying. (assuming you know how notes work with beats.)

Btw I totally agree to what you're saying. Soul's da thing.

This post has been edited by kjutte: Jul 19 2008, 06:52 PM

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
post Jul 19 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 3.852

QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 19 2008, 05:58 PM) *

I appreciate your comments and know i can get the truth here at gmc... Around here all my friends and my girlfriend are just telling me what i play sounds great, i need both positive and negative sides ... Ill redo it and post it later..
I really do appreciate everyone's comments, i have been working hard trying to get better sometimes playing 5-6 hours a night and waking up struggling in the morning to goto work.. but i love it... thanks for the comments

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
post Jul 19 2008, 11:54 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Jul 20 2008, 12:52 AM) *
I appreciate your comments and know i can get the truth here at gmc... Around here all my friends and my girlfriend are just telling me what i play sounds great, i need both positive and negative sides ... Ill redo it and post it later..
I really do appreciate everyone's comments, i have been working hard trying to get better sometimes playing 5-6 hours a night and waking up struggling in the morning to goto work.. but i love it... thanks for the comments

Great attitude man, you rock!

+Quote Post
skennington
post Jul 20 2008, 01:01 AM
Post #11

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

Sounded good John. As much as I hate to say it, haven't practiced that lesson of Trond's so no comment there. I do like that preset smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Jul 23 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #12

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

Wow very good guitar sound (recording) !!! Very good take on Trond's lesson! smile.gif Harmonics turned out great smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
post Jul 29 2008, 01:40 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 4.471

Guitar with EMG's or Duncans? Cheers, nice riffing mate! Snitched your preset too, my friend got a PodX3.

This post has been edited by Antipolitik: Jul 29 2008, 01:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 05:41 AM