Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Line 6 Pod X3, And Spider Jam
o_O
post Jul 24 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.568

Hi, this is my first post and I wanted to ask you guys something. I want to buy a Line 6 POD X3, and I was wondering if this was a good purchase, I hear it also has USB connectivity for recording. I find this very useful along with the effects and amp models it has. And I was taking a peek at Line 6 Spider Jam Amplifier and I liked the description a lot, I think I could use it´s CD/MP3 input to connect my iMac and play along GMC lesson backing tracks! well that`s all, if anyone has an opinion on these two i´d like to hear it!

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
post Jul 24 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2.260

Not a big fan of the Spider Amp. Lots of bells and whistles - loads of preset sounds. But if you get the POD, you may not need an amp with all those different sounds. I sold my Spider and purchased a Mesa Express. Tube amp with KILLER tone. Worth the extra $$. I am a happy man. I would go to a shop and test some tube amps - you'll hear the difference. Just my 2 cents.

-Kizaze

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
post Jul 24 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3.852

I have the pod x3 and i love it.... soo many different tones you can download and make yourself...
http://line6.com/customtone/

Plus you can record yourself on your computer and see how you have been progressing.. I run my pod x3 to my spyder amp and just use the amp on clean... You probably wont need a spyder amp cause the pod is amazing.. You wont regret getting one... Id buy a cheap tube amp and run the pod through it if i were you... But the pod x3 is worth every penny

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Jul 24 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

I don't think Spider is a good amp, the sound is not good in quality frankly. Also if you can hear the backings on your Mac, why would you plug i into guitar amp? it will only get the sound muddy.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kjutte
post Aug 8 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #5

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.337

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 25 2008, 12:26 AM) *
I don't think Spider is a good amp, the sound is not good in quality frankly. Also if you can hear the backings on your Mac, why would you plug i into guitar amp? it will only get the sound muddy.

my 15watt Line6 spider 2 has just as warm solo sound as my Marshall tube amp. I love the spider, but it's not good for riffing.

+Quote Post
o_O
post Aug 14 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 5.568

Thanks very much for all your advice! I finally decided to buy the PODxt and a Fender ProJunior Amp! I really like the POD, and the amp is amazing, it´s really loud and it fits a tight budget smile.gif well now that I have the means I can finally add a take in the collaborations part of this site!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2017 - 02:32 AM