Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Slash - Hey Joe
post Jul 30 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 525

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but anyway, i've seen it live, it's Slash playing Hey Joe live in the Jimi Hendrix tribute band and it's just awesome.

I've learnt to play the canon Hey Joe, and also looked over the Hey Joe song on freelicks, and thought it'd be really good idea if either collectively or Kris could do a lesson on this or tab it out maybe, i know i could try it myself, but well, there are better people for the job than me to do it. My own version of Hey Joe basically takes after this one, because it's so good, but there's a whole load of solo in there (probably all improvised, but nonetheless) that'd be cool to see down on paper just so that you have them and could use them anywhere.

So i think it'd be really good idea if we could tab this version of Hey Joe out or have a lesson on it to go in the Slash section. I know because of the improvisation of the song it's not a cut and dry thing, but general licks and styles to just throw around in there would be pretty cool.

So what do people think? Check out the link (it's google video). Like to hear what Kris thinks about this also if possible
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2016 - 10:57 PM