Andrew Cockburn
post Jul 29 2008, 02:43 AM
Post #21

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 28 2008, 05:17 PM) *
You really don't need more than 8 electric guitars I feel.

Is that the same for cats, or is the number different ??? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inertia
post Jul 29 2008, 06:38 AM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.169

QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 28 2008, 06:43 PM) *
I am sure they are great guitars. but they don't sound like a true strat. just the way it is. only way you get the real bona fide strat sound is with a real bona fide strat with the standard stuff. which is what I wanted. if I want something different, I pull out a different guitar.

Listen to Kris, and listen to Carlos. Regarding sound, case closed, you don't get the pure strat sound with the noiseless pickups.

I am not saying that they are not great guitars though, just don't see the point, if you have several other guitars. I would get a Parker for that type of thing.

My Tele has s1 switching. But I was careful to get the tele with the standard pickup at the bridge (which is the one that really is important for a tele), so I could get the authentic tele sound if I wanted it. The S1 switching is nice, I know that. But if I could not have made it sound like a true tele, I would not have been satisfied.

I understand where you are coming in that the deluxe is different, however I have a fender tube amp and I do get a Fender sound out of it, the only thing that would make it sound even better for blues would be a thicker gauge string which I don't want. So I can't say I agree with your assessment of the tone, however it's just my opinion smile.gif, I would not have bought it if didn't sound like a strat to me. I'm no Fender aficionado though

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Jul 29 2008, 07:12 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (inertia @ Jul 29 2008, 12:38 AM) *
I understand where you are coming in that the deluxe is different, however I have a fender tube amp and I do get a Fender sound out of it, the only thing that would make it sound even better for blues would be a thicker gauge string which I don't want. So I can't say I agree with your assessment of the tone, however it's just my opinion smile.gif, I would not have bought it if didn't sound like a strat to me. I'm no Fender aficionado though

It is close to a traditional Strat. But there is a difference. Taking out the noise does that.

I know I am being a purist here. Its like my cat Scampy here sitting on my amp. He is a white cat, except his has a black tail. But for most practical purposes, he is a white cat. And in fact, better looking in my view than a white cat without a tail like his. Am sure that he would like the Deluxe, most people do give them good reviews.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Jul 29 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

The point of the story is that if a guitar player needs flexibility and strat sound he can buy it with deluxe models. Of course it is a matter of give&take then, you get flexibility but don't get that true sparkly&spanky strat tone. I don't see a problem here, deluxe guitar is also a strat - no mistakes there, they made it for the people who need a strat with wider tonal capabilities.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
inertia
post Jul 29 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 3.169

QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 29 2008, 02:12 AM) *
It is close to a traditional Strat. But there is a difference. Taking out the noise does that.

I know I am being a purist here. Its like my cat Scampy here sitting on my amp. He is a white cat, except his has a black tail. But for most practical purposes, he is a white cat. And in fact, better looking in my view than a white cat without a tail like his. Am sure that he would like the Deluxe, most people do give them good reviews.

Haha, good analogy

+Quote Post
kjutte
post Jul 31 2008, 06:15 AM
Post #26

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.337

QUOTE (ShinyHighlander @ Jul 28 2008, 09:27 AM) *
Hi Everyone! I am thinking of buying a strat. Problem is just that there are so many to chose from. So I was hoping you might give me some tip of nice strats that are worth checking out. The price range should be from 1000-2000 dollars. I mostly rock/metal but I´m also into neo classical stuff. Thanks in advance.

Well, a HSS strat is VERY versatile!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 04:07 AM