Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Podxt Vs. Ux2 Interface
kyldeee
post Jul 30 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.321

Ok, so which one should I get for home recording.... Line 6 PodXT or the Line 6 UX2 interface... I don't know nothing about them, so thought I'd ask you guys... Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gus
post Jul 30 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 3.920

Hi. If you want to only record guitar POD XT will do it. But remember that POD XT will give you also much more (much more models and it´s also possible to play on stage, if you either go for live version or buy the external controler). I had a POD XT live in the past. Sold it to get a POD X3 live.

UX2 will allow also to record microphone, bass and potentially also other stuff (through a line connection). If your only intention is to get a recording device UX2 is a good buying. I just brought one to my brother.

You didn´t ask about it but I would not be complete if I did not tell about the POD X3. I´d say that POD X3 combines the functionality of POD XT, POD XT bass , UX2 and gives you even more. No wonder I got a POD X3 live. That´s more expensive, but you can use it as almost anything you want. You can use guitar + voice on stage, or electric + acoustic, or bass + voice, recording device, replacement for amps on rehearsal or even on stage....

This post has been edited by Gus: Jul 30 2008, 07:36 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Jul 30 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

My vote on UX1 for studio recording.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kyldeee
post Jul 31 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.321

QUOTE (Gus @ Jul 30 2008, 07:35 PM) *
Hi. If you want to only record guitar POD XT will do it. But remember that POD XT will give you also much more (much more models and it´s also possible to play on stage, if you either go for live version or buy the external controler). I had a POD XT live in the past. Sold it to get a POD X3 live.

UX2 will allow also to record microphone, bass and potentially also other stuff (through a line connection). If your only intention is to get a recording device UX2 is a good buying. I just brought one to my brother.

You didn´t ask about it but I would not be complete if I did not tell about the POD X3. I´d say that POD X3 combines the functionality of POD XT, POD XT bass , UX2 and gives you even more. No wonder I got a POD X3 live. That´s more expensive, but you can use it as almost anything you want. You can use guitar + voice on stage, or electric + acoustic, or bass + voice, recording device, replacement for amps on rehearsal or even on stage....

Thanks Guys, I'll think I will go wit the PodXt, cause I can afford it biggrin.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Jul 31 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #5

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

I use toneport ux2 ..But I think you should be able to go with pod too (if it has usb recording functions I think it has). .. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jul 31 2008, 06:05 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 05:58 PM