Funky Collab Finished And Mixed, Comments are in!
David Wallimann
Aug 2 2008, 11:25 PM
Instructor
A few weeks ago, I posted a funky backing track for you to create an interesting lead. You have all worked hard and the results paid off. What we have here is eight very different approaches that prove once again that hard work and dedication are key to success.

I hope you enjoy this final collaboration as much as I did!

Attached File  Funky_collab_mixed.mp3 ( 6.23MB ) Number of downloads: 268

Caelmamittendum

There are some really good ideas in here. Some of your licks are original and prove a good mastery of your instrument. I like the rhythm placement of each ones of your ideas. One little thing I would suggest to improve even more is to tie all these ideas together with a stronger melodic feel. Try to find a theme that the listener could sing without a guitar in his hands. Then add some guitar tricks like some of the licks you used. The second part however is great and doesn't need anything other than what you did. Great use of open strings and great feel.Good job!

Fatbot

I love the sound you chose here. Fat and tasty, great job! Your lead is well constructed and you show a good understanding of how to deal with the modulation. One thing you could work on is precision in the fast parts. The opening section of the second part has a great start, but gets a little bit sloppy at the end of your alternate picking sequence. Nothing you can't overcome though. Great job overall!

Smells

You did a great job preparing the second part. You are a good technician and everyone can tell that. But you are also a good musician using some nice melodic ideas. I would encourage you to develop that side of your musicianship. Create themes in your head before reproducing them on the guitar. There is nothing like a strong heartfelt melodic lead mixed with strong guitar technique. Great work, keep it up!

Organizedconfusion

I love your crunch tone, it works very well here. You did a good job building up your lead to the second part. I like the rhythm placement of your ideas. You could work a bit on a stronger melodic feel. Prepare your lead without the guitar will help you free yourself from sounding too much like a guitar player (that's an odd statement...) What I mean by that is that doing so will create stronger themes that will touch the audience in a deeper way whether your audience has an understanding of your instrument or not.

TJchep

I love your tone man. What did you use to get that sound! Your vibrato is remarkable and so pleasing to the ear. Your lead is quite melodic, but not conventional. I like it! You have somewhat of a Satriani feel without completely copying him. Excellent work!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 2 2008, 11:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very cool, man!

I appreciate the comments, and definately agree apart from all the positive aspects of my playing - not sure those are all correct! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 3 2008, 01:17 AM
Instructor
Well played guys,nice mix David!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Aug 3 2008, 02:00 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Aug 2 2008, 11:25 PM) *
TJchep

I love your tone man. What did you use to get that sound! Your vibrato is remarkable and so pleasing to the ear. Your lead is quite melodic, but not conventional. I like it! You have somewhat of a Satriani feel without completely copying him. Excellent work!

Wow, such a nice comment man. Thank you. smile.gif

About the tone. I didn't use anything special or expensive. Just simple a Line 6 Toneport UX1. And a Ibanez S470 guitar. About a $400 setup. tongue.gif.

Great takes everyone.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Bali
Aug 3 2008, 09:15 AM
That was a great collab guys!! I'm sorry i missed it...

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 3 2008, 08:45 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
smile.gif great collab, nice takes from everyone, really enjoyed it, thanks for the comments David, look forward to your next one biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Siggum
Aug 3 2008, 09:07 PM
Nice collab guys, sorry i didnt make it this time il get on the next one smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 3 2008, 09:11 PM
Instructor
Great work guys smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Aug 3 2008, 09:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sound really good. smile.gif I´m proud of you, men! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 3 2008, 10:02 PM
Great sound, all of you guys. Certainly motivates people to continue practicing and learning. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Aug 4 2008, 07:10 PM
Cool collab.. Thanks David. Why didn't more people sign up? =(

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 7 2008, 09:42 AM
Instructor
Well played, and nicely mixed, great job everyone smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:06 AM