Reply to this topicStart new topic
> V-picks, By Mrs. V
Azzaboi
post Jul 30 2010, 04:16 AM
Post #101

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.965

I just got my v-pick order (parents got them for my birthday) in the mail today smile.gif

I got...
Small Pointed (recommended by Vinni)
The Screamer (recommended by Vinni)
Shredder
Pointed Snake (on special)
Medium Rounded 2.75mm (freebee)

They also threw in a freebee with the note biggrin.gif
"Enjoy your Free V-Pick - We picked out this special V-Pick just for you to try. We want to make sure that you find the perfect pick for you and we thought this might help."

I thought I would love The Screamer, but it's the hardest for me to get use to and create harmonics off. The Snake is better... the fatter picks I just guess will take time for my hand to get use to? I have yet to try the Medium Rounded.

I'm actually loving the Small Pointed and the Shredder at the moment! I cruised through playing 'Flight of the Bubblebee' with the Shredder, something I've been struggling with before to play from beginning to end.

I haven't used them much yet, but you can feel it's less grip and a fatter tone. I think they are great for developing speed and keeping the hand loss/relaxed at the same time, without the pick flying across the room! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Jul 30 2010, 04:18 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
post Jul 30 2010, 05:58 AM
Post #102

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 9.801

I ordered a Shredder and found I like the Screamers better. I like the duller part of the screamer. The Shredder is too sharp of a point for what I usually do. But I'll still use it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Jul 30 2010, 06:15 AM
Post #103

GMC:er

Member No.: 1.189

I am going to try the shredder, and the medium pointed (don't think I care for small picks). But I doubt I will dramatically improve on my stable, i.e. screamer, pointed snake or pointed diamond, regular diamond, and rounded regular.

I don't have trouble getting harmonics with the screamer. But I hold my pick in a way that facilitates that (thumb and side of finger, horizontal to strings, just bare tip showing. I do agree that the pointed snake is a bit easier for harmonics, but it is still pretty easy with the shredder holding the pick in my described fashion.

I am finally satisfied with my pick. But I think that I had to reach a certain mental/physical level before that was possible, with any pick.

QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Jul 29 2010, 10:16 PM) *
I just got my v-pick order (parents got them for my birthday) in the mail today smile.gif

I got...
Small Pointed (recommended by Vinni)
The Screamer (recommended by Vinni)
Shredder
Pointed Snake (on special)
Medium Rounded 2.75mm (freebee)

They also threw in a freebee with the note biggrin.gif
"Enjoy your Free V-Pick - We picked out this special V-Pick just for you to try. We want to make sure that you find the perfect pick for you and we thought this might help."

I thought I would love The Screamer, but it's the hardest for me to get use to and create harmonics off. The Snake is better... the fatter picks I just guess will take time for my hand to get use to? I have yet to try the Medium Rounded.

I'm actually loving the Small Pointed and the Shredder at the moment! I cruised through playing 'Flight of the Bubblebee' with the Shredder, something I've been struggling with before to play from beginning to end.

I haven't used them much yet, but you can feel it's less grip and a fatter tone. I think they are great for developing speed and keeping the hand loss/relaxed at the same time, without the pick flying across the room! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sollesnes
post Jul 30 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #104

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 6.623

After really loving the V Picks for a few months, thinking they were the best picks ever.. I came to the conclusion that they just dont last for as long as I want them to last. Within hours the sharp edge is gone (which is fine), and it doesnt take that long before its completely used up (including having sharped them with a knife). Time to move on to try Red Bear biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2017 - 11:59 AM