Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ibanez - All Crap?
joshl
post Aug 6 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.591

I had an ibanez gax70 and it was horrible. Multiple things went wrong with it. Not a good guitar. It was also made in Indonesia.

If you go with a procey ibanez like a Ibanez JS100, would it be american made and much higher quality?

Oh and what guitar is this https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nce-your-shred/

This post has been edited by joshl: Aug 6 2008, 05:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fire
post Aug 6 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 2.453

the one david uses is a parker guitar - but infact i dont know which model wink.gif

i think ibanez are all great quality for the money except the gio ones...
If you like the look / feel of the joe satriani - get it if you have the money i have no personal experiences with this model but i'd think that the quality should be perfectly.

cheers

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
wollace03
post Aug 6 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5.590

normally, ibanez guitars are very good guitars and are worth the money..

so i think you can´t go wrong if you buy the satriani modell - it is not compareable to your old ibanez..

--------------------

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
post Aug 6 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5.587

not at all, if you go with an Ibanez (model name)300+ they are pretty good.

I believe Ibanez guitars made in South Korea do have japanese supervisors who take the japanese way of quality control with them. An Ibanez made in japan is incredible when it comes to pure quality in finish. It has to be 99% perfect before they make it through the first quality inspection there.

A common misconseption is that american made guitars are of much higher quality than Japanese made guitars. I can assure you this is certainly not the case. I've seen many american made guitars that have been horribly made and I've seen very bad asian guitars. More importantly is that you look with an critical eye at the guitar, try it and don't check the name or where it has been made. It might surprise you. Understand this however, buying a better guitar will not make you a better player.

That guitar is a Parker. Not sure about the model though.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Aug 6 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

I've got nothing but good experiences with Ibanez guitars. Never tried the Gax models though.

But i wouldnt focus so much on a "Made in America" stamp, Japanese produced guitars are as high quality as anything else.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
post Aug 6 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1.929

I'm not suprised you didn't have a great time with the gax70. It's a very basic guitar. The JS100 is about 3 times the price (and so yes it is quite a lot better).

I recommed you go to a shop that stocks a lot of guitars and try out as many as possible and see what you like. (Personally I prefer the Ibanez RGs to the JS series).

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Aug 6 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #7

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

Ibanez all carp? unsure.gif

Ibanez make acceptionally high quality guitars, and no the JS isnt made in America smile.gif

The team J-Craft guitars (Japan) are simply awsome, just look at andrew and muris's JEM, or my PGM to name a few.....

Infact I would go as far as to say my Japanese made PGM is flawless, infact I really cant see myself wanting or need a new guitar again ! Not unless buckethead himself gives away his white Les paul laugh.gif laugh.gif

The point being, the guitar you have is a basic budget guitar for beginners, fender, esp and many others all do similair beginner guitars and there not any better or worse! smile.gif

As mentioned above made in America does not make it automatically a good guitar, so keep your mind open when choosing!! wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Iluha
post Aug 6 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1.574

RG models are great... Iv'e had one for the last 6 years(my first and only electric guitar), and I can still get a killer sound from it.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
kyldeee
post Aug 6 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2.321

I just bought the Ibanez JS1000 Satriani signature model, and it is AWESOME biggrin.gif J-Craft guitars are high quality smile.gif

This post has been edited by kyldeee: Aug 6 2008, 06:08 PM

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
post Aug 6 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.697

i want to purcahse an Ibanez Xiphos 7 string and ive heard nothing but good things, when i played my friends prestigue 7 string i loved it and every highend ibanez i have tried have been absolutly wonderful. I really don't think the location of creation will effect the guitar so much, most guitars will be made to specs and have to pass quality control, but the amount you pay usually determines what you get. As for the America made idea. I think the only truth is that when a company is based out of America they make most of their low end assembly line guitars out of country which automatically makes them lower quality, an american made is probably hand made kind of deal, less guitars being produced therefore more time spent on each guitar rather than just, screw goes here, pickups go there, neck goes there. I know all Schecter Diamond series and custom shop models are made in America and ive heard they are alot better than those made overseas, but i still don't notice any flaws in mine smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Aug 6 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #11

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

Perhaps you just got a bad model, it happens sometimes mate, after all - it is a mass production. Try with another model, and try before you buy!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jmguitar64
post Aug 6 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 4.347

I tried out a Ibanez S5470 the other day and fell in love, it was one of the best guitars ive played, so i decided to save up for one. which might take awhile.... wub.gif

+Quote Post
stickyfingers
post Aug 6 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 5.249

ibanez = love. period. ;D

--------------------
Equip:
Ibanez RG 570
Ibanez RG 547
Boss GT-10
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Ibanez WD7
Fender Deluxe 112 Reverb

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
post Aug 6 2008, 10:53 PM
Post #14

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

Group: MVC
Member No.: 2.164

Everything is great on Ibanez except for the pickups...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Aug 6 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #15

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 6 2008, 10:53 PM) *
Everything is great on Ibanez except for the pickups...

You dont like DiMarzios???? ohmy.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
post Aug 7 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 1.080

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet...

Ibanez is a Japanese company. Their main top-line guitars are made in Japan as are their custom shop guitars (the Team J-Craft stuff). The lower end are from Korea/China, etc. The older models are pretty much all Japanese too...mine's from '84 and is a relatively common model and it's from Japan. Needs a new 5-way switch but is otherwise holding up well.

There are a couple US-made Ibanez's that were made in the 90's as the USRG series but I've never actually seen one up close.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
post Aug 7 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #17

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.434

Many Ibanez models are great, for example JEMs and the Prestige-line smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
kjutte
post Aug 8 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #18

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.337

QUOTE (joshl @ Aug 6 2008, 06:26 PM) *
I had an ibanez gax70 and it was horrible. Multiple things went wrong with it. Not a good guitar. It was also made in Indonesia.

If you go with a procey ibanez like a Ibanez JS100, would it be american made and much higher quality?

Oh and what guitar is this https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nce-your-shred/

Love Ibanez.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2017 - 07:35 PM