Voice Training
Niko Fran
Aug 9 2008, 12:22 AM
GMC:er
For some time, I've been wondering about how you train your voice. Y'know, with guitars you just find tabs and scales etc, but what about singing? Do you just pick a song and sing along? Or do you make exercises to train it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 9 2008, 12:26 AM
Instructor
Your voice is an instrument, it has vocal strings that make sound vibrations, muscles that control them, nasal cavity which serves as a resonator and diaphragm that servers as a air pusher. Those are among the most important components.

Vocal needs to be trained like everything else, I suggest checking out first Nemanja's singing lesson to give you some idea about how important breathing is. All singers start there, and move one to simpler exercises, pitch control, scales etc.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 9 2008, 12:30 AM
Important when learning to sing is that you can hear yourself sing. Many vocalists have an mic and use headphones so they can hear themselves sing. That way you know when what you sing is false or not.

To expand your range a lot of vocalists (especially those classicly trained) sing scales and increase their range by doing this.

By singing a lot and listening to what you've sung critically you will improve your vocal skills.

+Quote Post
Niko Fran
Aug 9 2008, 12:41 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 9 2008, 01:26 AM) *
Your voice is an instrument, it has vocal strings that make sound vibrations, muscles that control them, nasal cavity which serves as a resonator and diaphragm that servers as a air pusher. Those are among the most important components.

Ivan, that is poetry my friend! Will check Nemanjas lessons out

What I was wondering was: Is it possibly to train every voice powerful? Or do you need some pillarstones, like, "A great voice can be trained to perfection" if you catch the idea?

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 9 2008, 08:39 AM
Instructor
That was really well said Ivan!

One of the things i do is sing along with scales and arpeggios when i do warm ups at the beginning of the day!
Even though i'm still starting out on that side of things, that has helped out with range.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 9 2008, 10:48 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Ian Bushell @ Aug 9 2008, 09:39 AM) *
One of the things i do is sing along with scales and arpeggios when i do warm ups at the beginning of the day!

Yes I do this as well - saves time! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 9 2008, 11:47 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Niko Fran @ Aug 9 2008, 01:22 AM) *
For some time, I've been wondering about how you train your voice. Y'know, with guitars you just find tabs and scales etc, but what about singing? Do you just pick a song and sing along? Or do you make exercises to train it?

Yes there are exercises like for any other instrument...We have singing lessons here at GMC too, check em out! Everyone with a good practice can achieve good results ! Also if you play guitar I would suggest singing notes when practicing scales, intervals , arpeggios etc because that will be a good singing/ear training exercise and will help you to remember sounds as well as fingerings.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 9 2008, 11:51 AM
QUOTE (Niko Fran @ Aug 9 2008, 01:41 AM) *
What I was wondering was: Is it possibly to train every voice powerful? Or do you need some pillarstones, like, "A great voice can be trained to perfection" if you catch the idea?

That depends on your defenition of powerful.

So what do you define as a powerful voice, some examples could be useful as well.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 9 2008, 12:15 PM
Singing Instructor
If you are total beginer when it comes to singing you should start from begining,and with simple exercises like scales,and if you want to be able to sing while play guitar you should practice with guitar,give your self a chord and sing a scale slowly,your voice is becoming more powerful in time,the more you sing the more power you will haw,of course,every body haw there limit and vocal range.So check some beginner lesons here at GMC,Luciana's and mine,and go slow.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Aug 12 2008, 07:47 PM
Singing Instructor
That's right Nemanja!

The more you practice, the more powerful you will have! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Aug 12 2008, 11:44 PM
Instructor
Try singing everything that you play. That not only will give you a tranning in the pitch control of your voice but it will give you a good knowledge about the fretboard and you will get concious about your ideas when improvising or soloing.
Also try to learn the basics of singing, how to manage the air and what are the dont's of singing to not harm your throath.
I hope you find it usefull.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:02 AM