Thinking About Trying Classical Guitar - What To Buy?
ben.franklin
Aug 17 2008, 09:36 PM
GMC:er
Joined here over a week ago, and I'm absolutely loving it. Can see my guitar playing improving no end!

Anyway, as well as having a love for rock guitar, I'm interested in picking up an acoustic and learning some classical/fingerpicking stuff. However, in terms of what guitar to purchase I'm not sure where to start. I need a nylon string guitar, right?

I am UK based (if that matters) and I don't have masses of cash to outlay, so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 18 2008, 04:53 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
For fingerpicking stuff you don't HAVE to use nylon strings, you could also go for steel strings and get something like an Ovation, Takamine or anything like this. My advice would be to go to your local music shop and try out some different guitars, some with nylon strings and some with steel strings, then you can see what you like more. Many people that originally started with electric guitars prefer steel string acoustic guitars, the strings feel more familiar and in most cases the necks are thinner, more like the necks of electric guitars.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Alsabah
Aug 18 2008, 08:29 PM
a conde hermanos, you will never regret it.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Aug 18 2008, 10:28 PM
Instructor
you can try also ovation as a steel strings and josei ramirez as a naylon strings

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Aug 19 2008, 06:39 PM
Instructor
For that kind of guitar I love Godin's. I don't know if in your country are...but they are great.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
ben.franklin
Aug 19 2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Definitely going to look into your suggestions. Have already got a steel string acoustic, which is great, but I just really love that nylon sound, so I think I'm being swayed towards that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:10 AM