Reply to this topicStart new topic
> thanks kris!
DanielM
post Sep 14 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 725

i first came along kristofer dahl when browsing ultimate-guitar looking for tabs. i saw his shred masterclass lessons just after he released the 2nd edition (speed build ups i think). this was actually only a few months ago as well.

before this point i played basic powerchords, could not play or know most basic solo techniques and my playing was uneven, practicing was rare and i didnt progress at all for a very long time.

i watched both of his lessons which included the video for curious coincidence. i was like :shock: it was literally jaw dropping for me.

for inspiration and to study his technique i still watch the video every few days.

anyway i started working on material in the shred masterclass even though i thought i would never be at that level for many many years. i could probably play one lick in the entire curious coincidence solo. i found out about the freelicks site and i went there and was impressed with what i could see.

i found out about guitarmasterclass and saw some trailers and thought, what the heck, and i joined. i started with things like the kirk hammett lesson (licks in this lesson were still beyond me). i learnt what i could anyway.

i should add i was still a 3 finger guitarist at this point, i had never really used my pinky for anything. tappping was ineffective, i could never get any sound from the notes. my basic left hand legato was poor to say the least, hammer-ons and pull-offs were not maintaining any sound and general playing was unclean and really not pleasant.

i purchased and downloaded speed tone and theory and it was great. it taught me lots of things i didnt know, how to bend properly and do vibrato etc. only thing that was weird was kris looked really young in it even though its only a year old laugh.gif

after a lengthy period where i had no sound card i renewed my gmc subscription. i was delighted to find that several more lessons have been posted.

during all this time i was practicing the odd curious coincidence lick btw. i went back to curious coincidence seriously a few days ago and i couldn't believe it.

my skills have rapidly improved since being taught by kris and i can play curious coincidence nearly note for note. when i say note for note i dont just mean i can follow the tab, i mean the full rhythm and technique and can nearly fully replicate it. i estimate that in probably about 1-2 weeks i will be able to play exactly like kris does in the video.

my speed picking is fast, my left hand tapping is loud, my two hand tapping is efficient. i have truly gone from a beginner/intermediate level to advanced in a few months all because of kris.

so thank you kris for making me a better player, i am at a level i couldnt have imagine when i first saw shred masterclass all those months ago.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Sep 18 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

Thanks a bunch and congratulations! biggrin.gif

We're looking forward to hearing some samples. /kris

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
post Sep 18 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 39

Sounds like your doing really we DanielM With comments like that Kris's head will be getting bigger & bigger.!

I agree though without Kris's tution I would be useless on the guitar! And one day i will post a recording on the forum to prove it.

ps wish i could play curious coincidence all the way though. I just need more time though lol

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
psychoguitarist_...
post Sep 28 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #4

From: Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Asia (in case u don't know where India is)
Member No.: 799

Curious Coincidence really rocks!!!!!!!! I can't stop watchin the video n listenin to the awesome music!!! (maybe its kris's dance!!! :wink:)

+Quote Post
Liam
post Sep 28 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 747

thank you kris... Thank you very much ..for your lessons
biggrin.gif

NOT

I payed for it tongue.gif laugh.gif

(joke)

+Quote Post
psychoguitarist_...
post Sep 29 2006, 07:28 AM
Post #6

From: Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Asia (in case u don't know where India is)
Member No.: 799

Yeah....... thanx Kris, I'd be nuthin without GMC!!!!! And of course, you biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
R.I.P (RoCk In PeAcE) \m/

IPB Image

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th March 2017 - 12:46 AM