2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I Had My First Grappling/bjj Training Today., With Felipe Mota, BJJ World Champion!!! :D
audiopaal
Aug 27 2008, 09:59 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
As the title says, I had my first Grappling/BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training today.
Every inch of my body hurts, and I can't play guitar as my fingers are veeery numb sad.gif tongue.gif

Felipe Mota (BJJ World Champion) is in Norway at the gym I'm training at for three months,
so I'll go as often as possible to learn as much as possible.
He drove us HARD today, but it was all good smile.gif

I won't go tomorrow though, as I'm sure my body will be hurting big time tomorrow tongue.gif

I'll also take some Muay Thai and MMA classes after Felipe leaves for the Abu Dhabi competition in Novemeber,
but untill then I'll soak up as much information and techniques as I can from him smile.gif

Anyone else here interrested in Grappling/MMA (UFC, Pride, WFC, EliteXC etc..)??

I am laugh.gif

And I talked to the man running the gym, and he told me that in October Vitor Belfort (Yep, THE Vitor Belfort)
will come to norway and train with us biggrin.gif

Many of you will probably hav no idea of what I'm talking about, but hopefully there's someome interrested wink.gif

Anyway, just wanted you to know, have a nice day everone!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 27 2008, 10:17 PM
GMC:er
Audio, if I ever meet you in real life remind me to stay on the safe side tongue.gif

Good to hear that you had a good time smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 27 2008, 10:38 PM
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 27 2008, 11:17 PM) *
Audio, if I ever meet you in real life remind me to stay on the safe side tongue.gif

Good to hear that you had a good time smile.gif

Hehehe, I'm a nice guy so don't worry about it smile.gif

I've just always been interrested in it, so I really enjoyed training it for a change smile.gif

+Quote Post
Siggum
Aug 27 2008, 10:47 PM
Sounds great, i am a big MMA fan and its awsome that Vitor Belfort will come train there biggrin.gif He's a tough one for sure, i think sometimes people forget that MMA is actually a serius sport, and if you dont train 100% and get a perfect condition you wont even come close to competing on a higher level, anyway man grats on your lessons hope you learn some nice moves.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 28 2008, 01:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Awesome Audiopaal, thats quite an opportunity to train with these guys smile.gif Do you have previous experience?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
midnight
Aug 28 2008, 01:10 AM
Sounds cool. I really love watching any type of martial arts...never trained in anything other than a little Karate when I was kid though.

Have fun and take care of those hands. biggrin.gif

Are you doing this out general interest or do you want to compete in the future?

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 28 2008, 09:19 AM
QUOTE (Siggum @ Aug 27 2008, 11:47 PM) *
Sounds great, i am a big MMA fan and its awsome that Vitor Belfort will come train there biggrin.gif He's a tough one for sure, i think sometimes people forget that MMA is actually a serius sport, and if you dont train 100% and get a perfect condition you wont even come close to competing on a higher level, anyway man grats on your lessons hope you learn some nice moves.

Cool, another MMA fan biggrin.gif
Yeah, that will be awesome seeing Vitor Belfort in action smile.gif
Yeah, it's probably the hardest sport out there, and demands serious commitment if you wanna compete!
Thanks, hopefully I will wink.gif

QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 28 2008, 02:02 AM) *
Awesome Audiopaal, thats quite an opportunity to train with these guys smile.gif Do you have previous experience?

Yeah, it really is smile.gif
No, I've just been interrested for quite some time and I've watched it alot in different tournaments smile.gif
Cool to actually be training now smile.gif

QUOTE (midnight @ Aug 28 2008, 02:10 AM) *
Sounds cool. I really love watching any type of martial arts...never trained in anything other than a little Karate when I was kid though.

Have fun and take care of those hands. biggrin.gif

Are you doing this out general interest or do you want to compete in the future?

I trained Karate when I was 7 years old actually tongue.gif
Yeah, I will tongue.gif

I'm not planning on competing, just trainig for fun and hopefully get a little bit in shape wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Aug 28 2008, 09:27 AM
Instructor
One time I saw krav maga training and I decided to steer clear from such things smile.gif. Hope your trainings are much safer smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroso
Aug 28 2008, 10:15 AM
I like to watch the UFC here in the USA. But that is not for me to do! huh.gif Good luck and watch those ears. Cauliflower only looks good on a plate, and then... LOL

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 28 2008, 11:35 AM
QUOTE (KubaSzafran @ Aug 28 2008, 10:27 AM) *
One time I saw krav maga training and I decided to steer clear from such things smile.gif. Hope your trainings are much safer smile.gif.

Yeah, my trainings pretty safe compared to Krav Maga training, although things can get pretty rough.
Although, I wouldn't be afraid of a Krav Maga trained athlete after a few years of MMA trainig wink.gif

QUOTE (Toroso @ Aug 28 2008, 11:15 AM) *
I like to watch the UFC here in the USA. But that is not for me to do! huh.gif Good luck and watch those ears. Cauliflower only looks good on a plate, and then... LOL

Yeah, UFC is awesome smile.gif
I will, hehehe.. When the time comes for wrestling training I'll be using earprotection, so I won't have to woory too much about that smile.gif

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Aug 28 2008, 11:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Am just scared ohmy.gif

Quite cool though smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 28 2008, 12:51 PM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Aug 28 2008, 12:41 PM) *
Am just scared ohmy.gif

Quite cool though smile.gif

Nothing to be afraid of, start slow and work your way up (I have a looong way to go still) laugh.gif

But yeah, it's pretty cool smile.gif

+Quote Post
midnight
Aug 29 2008, 10:31 PM
So how far in untill you learn your first submission move? Take a picture of the first guy you choke out.smile.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 29 2008, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (midnight @ Aug 29 2008, 11:31 PM) *
So how far in untill you learn your first submission move? Take a picture of the first guy you choke out.smile.gif

Well I know a few already wink.gif
Not too many though, RNC (rear naked choke.. and NO we're not naked laugh.gif), Guillotine and the standard armbar..
But I'm not very good at any of them yet tongue.gif

Hehehe, I'll try to get a picture of a choke to put up here sometime biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
midnight
Aug 30 2008, 02:43 AM
I've always liked this one. pretty slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHd2xcmoy4M

Did you see the Nick Diaz - Gomi fight? I've only seen it used 2 or 3 times...I've seen it tried a bunch but rarely pulled off.

+Quote Post
SEANCD2005
Aug 30 2008, 05:01 AM
Ive had the chance to train with ceasar graicie. i started in taekwond when i was 14 and then stared with the bjj when i was 18. i am 29 now, ive doen a few cage matches and love, but i tore my shoulder up lifting weights, and it has realy put a damper in my training. good luck with everything hope all goes well

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 30 2008, 11:48 AM
QUOTE (midnight @ Aug 30 2008, 03:43 AM) *
I've always liked this one. pretty slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHd2xcmoy4M

Did you see the Nick Diaz - Gomi fight? I've only seen it used 2 or 3 times...I've seen it tried a bunch but rarely pulled off.

That's an awesome submission smile.gif

I've seen the fight, awesome fight smile.gif
I seen people try it too, but I don't think I remember seeing anyone pull it off either..

QUOTE (SEANCD2005 @ Aug 30 2008, 06:01 AM) *
Ive had the chance to train with ceasar graicie. i started in taekwond when i was 14 and then stared with the bjj when i was 18. i am 29 now, ive doen a few cage matches and love, but i tore my shoulder up lifting weights, and it has realy put a damper in my training. good luck with everything hope all goes well

That's awesome, Ceasar is a fantastic BJJ artist smile.gif
So you've been training that long huh? You must be pretty good then smile.gif
That's shame, hopefully you'll recover and get back to training soon smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 8 2008, 07:55 PM
I did martial arts, karate like, but I got bored xD I LIKE MMA:D:D I watch ufc.... plus it's hella cool!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
midnight
Sep 9 2008, 12:01 AM
Anyone see the Liddell vs. Evans fight this past weekend? I didn't see that one coming. blink.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 9 2008, 03:05 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (midnight @ Sep 8 2008, 08:01 PM) *
Anyone see the Liddell vs. Evans fight this past weekend? I didn't see that one coming. blink.gif

I don't like Evans but that was the best thing ever laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I can't stand Liddell (I'm a huge Couture fan so ya know my ego is a bit bruised wink.gif ) But I giggled my bum off at that match. I think Liddel should really consider hanging up the gloves. Lost the last 3 of 4. Can't wait for Couture / Leznar in Nov. Should be interesting to see Randy back at it and against such a big guy.

But back on topic, Paal that is awesome you get to train with Belfort. I'm a big MMA fan, I don't train although I did a bit of kempo and some karate back in the day. You'll have to let us know how the training goes.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 10:15 AM