Shredding Excercises, Picking Question for Jose Mena
coffeeman
Sep 5 2008, 05:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Jose,

Im practicing your shredding excercises lesson, I can play it at the moment at 80 bpm, but I am a little confused about how you do the picking. In the first 16th note licks when you move from the 5th fret to the 3rd fret , do you repeat a downstroke? Im using alternate picking exclusively , without doing the legatos, but I want to hear your opinion about it.

Thanks Jose, keep your lessons coming.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 9 2008, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Cofeeman

If you hadn't sent me that PM, I would have never found this. I guess you are talking about the part highlighted in green. The answer is yes alternate, I don't repeat strokes for this, the only thing I do is use that pull off which is highlighted in red which helps a little and gives you a little break

E||--------5-7-8-7-5-7p-5-----5--------|--------3-5-7-5-3-5p-3-----3-------|
B||--5-7-8-----------------8-7---8-7-5-|--3-5-7------------------7-5---7-5-3-|

Sorry for missing this post, I will keep it in mind to check in the Ask an Instructor board, soon I hope I get my own board so that it is easier for me to track these

Hope this answers your question, keep practicing my friend

I know why you ask, on the first video, it seems I played 2 down strokes, when I play slow sometimes I loose track of what I am doing, I mistakenly started with an upstroke when going back to the 2nd string so to fix it I played a double stroke.

Check it when I play it fast I will come back to that second string with a down stroke which will avoid the problem, sorry if it confused you, I wasn't concerned too much about the picking pattern here.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jose Mena: Sep 9 2008, 05:25 PM

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Sep 9 2008, 05:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Jose ,

Thanks a lot , that was exaclty what I was asking. I will practice it exactly as you do it. I just had the doubt because in the video seems that you repeat a downstroke.

Thanks a lot for the explanation and keep your lessons coming.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:22 AM