> Buzz
kyldeee
post Sep 10 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.321

QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Sep 10 2008, 04:49 PM) *
A Satriani Model, awesome guitar, take it to a tech man, it is worth it. Is it to expensive where you live?

Yeah, maybe I should... I don't know about the prices, last time it was free of charge, but then he just showed me how to tune, and he also adjusted the neck, cause it was a little wrong... But I think it's not going to be free now, cause we're talking about a bigger operation smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 10 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #22

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 5.298

I too would suggest a tech if you don't have a cheaper 50-dollar guitar to practice on, which definately taught me a lot smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
post Sep 10 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #23

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.471

I have the same problem so I'd love to hear your solution Kyldee! You've had quit some problems with that guitar right?? Well I found that my repairst itself... but that's a different story.

I had this problem as mentioned before, but it turned out that 80% of the time it was my straplock vibrating... very annoying tongue.gif

EDIT:I had the same as you, got me crazy. I got the action higher then before as high as possible and.... It stll buzzed!! This all hapened after some action adjustments, so I thougt I had screwed up my guitar, but luckely I didn't tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Sep 10 2008, 06:24 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
botoxfox
post Sep 10 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1.226

QUOTE (kyldeee @ Sep 10 2008, 05:46 PM) *
Ibanez JS1000

And I just noticed that looking on the saddles, you can see that the strings individual height is weird huh.gif

The E string is the lowest, A string a pit higher, and then the D string a little lower than A, the G string the highest, B string almost same as the A, and the High E same as the low.... What's up with that huh.gif

That's just the bridge radius. It's supposed to be like that, so that it corresponds with the fretboard radius, which is fairly small on the JS models.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bedlam
post Sep 10 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 2.690

I too have a JS series guitar. I had a lot of fret buzz when I went down to 9s. When I adjusted the buzz, my intonation was majorly off. Once you get rid of the buzz, make sure you spend the time to get your intonation back on. It took me weeks of messing around with it to get it right!

+Quote Post
kyldeee
post Sep 10 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 2.321

QUOTE (Bedlam @ Sep 10 2008, 06:39 PM) *
I too have a JS series guitar. I had a lot of fret buzz when I went down to 9s. When I adjusted the buzz, my intonation was majorly off. Once you get rid of the buzz, make sure you spend the time to get your intonation back on. It took me weeks of messing around with it to get it right!

That's why I'm taking it to a tech, cause I'm this close having a nervous breakdown, from all the **** that's happening around me, and I'm not just talking about the guitar, that's the least of my worries... So the safest thing is to get it to a tech, before I throw that piece of wood out of the window....

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2017 - 05:20 AM