2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spore, Anyone else superpsyched about this?
Ivan Milenkovic
post Sep 20 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

Game companies often don't realize that todays games need to be based on simple but creative ideas, like tetris was. This is how the good games are built, and no hype is gonna help any game if it is not good. In contrary, too much hype can damage the game cause people will tend to have big expectations then, and when they loose that confidence once, company can have problems for next titles.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
post Sep 20 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #22

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 3.108

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 20 2008, 11:59 AM) *
...no hype is gonna help any game if it is not good. In contrary, too much hype can damage the game cause people will tend to have big expectations then...

So true. Spore has been delayed each year since 2002 or something tongue.gif
So each time they delayed it, people were angry at first, then rumors and expectations came. So for each delay, people said "Oh my lord!! This game is gonna be awesome since they keep adding new stuff!!"

And now, well.... People have made rumors about it for so many years, that it just doesen't live up to anything we would have hoped for ^^

That's why I'm definetly not buying "Duke Nukem Forever" tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PanicProne
post Sep 20 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #23

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.060

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 20 2008, 11:59 AM) *
Game companies often don't realize that todays games need to be based on simple but creative ideas, like tetris was. This is how the good games are built, and no hype is gonna help any game if it is not good. In contrary, too much hype can damage the game cause people will tend to have big expectations then, and when they loose that confidence once, company can have problems for next titles.

Wise words my friend. Sadly it kinda goes with music and artists/bands that sellout. It just isn't the same listening to band whos put out their third album and are being played on the radio all the time. There was more excitement when they first where underground....or at least not super hyped.. If anyone needs personal examples from me, just ask... but then again I think everybody's been through it.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Sep 21 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #24

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

Can anyone tell me how is the online portion of the game "SPORE" working ? How does it look/work, what do you do there ? Is it something like WoW ? Can you describe it to me a little.. smile.gif

QUOTE (Canis @ Sep 20 2008, 02:57 PM) *
That's why I'm definetly not buying "Duke Nukem Forever" tongue.gif

heheheeh I think 10 years passed from the first announcement smile.gif I loved the old Duke Nukem , but I don't know how are they going to adapt a 10 year old project (currently) to new standards and everything smile.gif
I'll rent it when it comes out (if it comes out) smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Canis
post Sep 21 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #25

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 3.108

The online part of Spore is nothing else then the game downloading planets and creatures from other players.. tongue.gif
There's no communicating or anything. It just copies another persons stuff, and adds them as another race you can be friends with or exterminate tongue.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 21 2008, 02:10 AM) *
I'll rent it when it comes out (if it comes out) smile.gif

Hehe, exactly... "If" it comes out tongue.gif I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to just give up on "Duke Nukem - If Ever"-Oh, sorry... "Forever", I mean tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Sep 22 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #26

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (Canis @ Sep 21 2008, 02:28 AM) *
The online part of Spore is nothing else then the game downloading planets and creatures from other players.. tongue.gif
There's no communicating or anything. It just copies another persons stuff, and adds them as another race you can be friends with or exterminate tongue.gif

Hehe, exactly... "If" it comes out tongue.gif I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to just give up on "Duke Nukem - If Ever"-Oh, sorry... "Forever", I mean tongue.gif

Oh so there is no real time interaction with them on planets ??? You play against CPU sad.gif That's boring...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
blindwillie
post Sep 22 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1.434

QUOTE (AJRAD @ Sep 19 2008, 05:19 PM) *
ive got spore... unfortunately when i try to run it, it just gives me a black screen and dies.
that sucks.

Reminds of my B&W2 problem, check Spore forums and google for EA black screen or SecuROM. Sounds like SecuROM problem.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Fran
post Sep 22 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #28

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

Sounds like spore is nothing great then. I was curious about it after their huge advertising campaign, and I thought it had real PvP. Glad I didn't get it then. Well it's 5 years since I bought my last computer so... laugh.gif guess I couldn't play it anyway. I might renew my PC when diablo III is released though.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
post Sep 22 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #29

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.471

I've played the first fase, and after like ten minutes, I had to leave for dinner. I havne't started it since, which is four days ago!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
post Oct 6 2008, 07:58 AM
Post #30

Learning Tone Guru

Member No.: 2.318

Seriously.. this is one of best games I played in all times.. the options for creativity are endless... Btw. the first four phases - cell, evoultion, tribe and civilisation are more of.. just the one quarter of the game.. believe me.. the more time you will spent with your creations, the more you will love them tongue.gif Until you finally conquer whole space:P

guys.. just take a look at the friggin main menu.. the space... with tousands of stars.. and each stars has few planets.. that game is HUGE, with HUGE, maybe unlimited possiblilities.. its hyped.. but you got to give those guys some credit... they did a pretty good work..

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Oct 6 2008, 07:59 AM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
post Oct 6 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #31

Learning Tone Seeker
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.631

Hmmm, maybe I should try this game also ... it certainly appeals to me smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
PanicProne
post Oct 6 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #32

Well I finally tried it at a friends place a few hours yesterday. And it's allright. But not a lot more. The creation part is brilliant but the gameplay is pretty anoying at times and the fact that it's easier to kill everyone instead of make friends tends to manipulate "lazy" players like me into doing just that. Which is a shame.

I haven't reached space yet but so far the game is good fun even though it get's pretty repetetive. I would never buy this game at it's current cost. But maybe rent it or get it later on.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
post Oct 6 2008, 03:02 PM
Post #33

Learning Tone Guru

Well... the motivation to do it the peaceful way is, that you gain.. medals or idkn how to call it, which result in your philosophy in space age, which determs your bonuses and special skills..

On the other hand, to some extent, this game is a life simulation.. and mostly, the aggresive way is the faster way to solve problem:P

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
PanicProne
post Oct 6 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Oct 6 2008, 04:02 PM) *
Well... the motivation to do it the peaceful way is, that you gain.. medals or idkn how to call it, which result in your philosophy in space age, which determs your bonuses and special skills..

On the other hand, to some extent, this game is a life simulation.. and mostly, the aggresive way is the faster way to solve problem:P

haha. I knew someone would come up with that comment and I'm glad you did. But it still annoys me that it's so much easier to kill and conquer. well, guess I'm just lazy and spoiled. ;P

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
post Oct 6 2008, 08:32 PM
Post #35

Learning Tone Guru

Well.. me personaly played herbivore and peacefull character till the last phase.. where it gets really annoying and time consuming..

WARNING SPOILER - select to make visible:

The most annoying thing is, that the strongest/final/quest/most advanced nation from middle of galaxy (dont know the name in english - I play Czech version...) keeps harrasing your planets till no end and when you are not used on attacking (have no battle bonuses from philosophy..) it gets VERY HARD on hard difficulty.. o' well sad.gif

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Oct 6 2008, 08:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2017 - 10:02 AM