Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drum Programming, Lesson Request
Toroso
post Sep 25 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.779

I know a lot of us want to create backing tracks and drum tracks for our songs. I know a lot of us also use varied drum software for this. It would be cool if a drum instructor or someone well versed in it could create a series of lessons on the basics of programming various techniques for better drum tracks. Define the various terms used in drumming and generally how to apply them to our software.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
opeth.db
post Sep 25 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #2

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 5.886

QUOTE (Toroso @ Sep 25 2008, 08:06 AM) *
I know a lot of us want to create backing tracks and drum tracks for our songs. I know a lot of us also use varied drum software for this. It would be cool if a drum instructor or someone well versed in it could create a series of lessons on the basics of programming various techniques for better drum tracks. Define the various terms used in drumming and generally how to apply them to our software.

Thats a good idea. Although I tried at one point to create my own drums. Talk about time consuming. I realized that its bleeding into my guitar practicing time.

I use a software package called EZ Drummer with the Drum Kit from hell addon. Just drag and drop.
There is also a country kit, twizted it, and claustophobic kit which gives you wicked drum beats.

Its a VST for DAW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmISXzooFzk...feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpw8rNZ2xVA

DKH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCJjK3GuoxI...feature=related

Hopefully you can find some use for it. I sure have.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Siggum
post Sep 25 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3.701

Many of them comes with premade beats and fills that you can drag and drop to fit most of your needs. It does require some kind of understanding of drums if you want to make your own, start out with a simple beat 4/4 smile.gif I guess lessons on this topic would be helpfull for alot though, so good suggestion.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post Sep 25 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #4

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.194

Guys there are already some drum tutorial videos on GMC by a former instructor - Kyle Logue. Do a search on his name and you'll find them.

Also - you might want to look at some full band scores to get an idea of what a drum score/pattern looks like. There are also a number of drum sequencer progs that come with a selection of drum fills etc, usually midi and you can also analyse these.
Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Toroso
post Sep 25 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5.779

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 25 2008, 08:49 AM) *
Guys there are already some drum tutorial videos on GMC by a former instructor - Kyle Logue. Do a search on his name and you'll find them.

Also - you might want to look at some full band scores to get an idea of what a drum score/pattern looks like. There are also a number of drum sequencer progs that come with a selection of drum fills etc, usually midi and you can also analyse these.
Cheers,
Tony

Yeah, thanks Tony smile.gif I saw those and I want to sit down with them when I find some time. mad.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Gus
post Nov 9 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 3.920

I just found this topic through search, as I was about to create a similar one.

I am also pretty much looking forward to have classes on this.

I am watching Kyle's classes now...

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2017 - 09:56 PM