Roo?
Jeff
Sep 30 2008, 02:45 PM
GMC:er
I miss Roo. sad.gif Does anyone know where he is? Do you think he may come back and do some more lessons? He is incredible.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 30 2008, 04:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
I haven't seen him since... I haven't mellow.gif

Last online 2, January..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Canis: Sep 30 2008, 04:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
Sep 30 2008, 04:28 PM
It looks like he has a new CD - http://www.rooguitar.com/

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Sep 30 2008, 04:31 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
QUOTE (Jeff @ Sep 30 2008, 11:28 AM) *
It looks like he has a new CD - http://www.rooguitar.com/

I was just about to drop that, you can find him on myspace also,
he is still active unfortunately just not at GMC sad.gif

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 30 2008, 04:54 PM
Lets go fishing!
I have a feelling ROO officaly announced his own departure some time ago. Im not entirley sure but I will find out smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 30 2008, 04:57 PM
Get to da Chopper!
He left due to being busy with other projects:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...amp;#entry62874

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 30 2008, 08:11 PM
Moderation Policy Director
We were sad to see him go - maybe he will return one day!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 30 2008, 09:35 PM
Lets go fishing!
I liked roos stuff, especially roos farm smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 30 2008, 09:56 PM
edit: double entry, my fault, one of me is enough for most here I am sure. shut up, who asked you?

This post has been edited by fkalich: Sep 30 2008, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 30 2008, 10:28 PM
creative metal soloing, without question, unsurpassed here in the mixolydian vein. although I don't believe he advertised it as such so much. that one is always popular.

roo had elements there that I look for

1) sounds great
2) interesting fingerings. Roo uses his pinkie a lot, more than most here. although I did see David do a pinkie vibrato last lesson.
3) Interesting timings. This is critical. Often I will be attracted to a lesson for this, even if I am familiar with the type of play for the most part. For example, on the second part after the intro, how he starts it off a bit syncopated. he does that in about 4 or so spots on the song. I am impressed with guys do that, even when the song is not that hard, it is worthwhile. Take Muris's Intermediate Solo from aways back. He impressed me there there as much as on his tougher stuff, because of the interesting timings. You have to pick it up by feel, you never will get it by looking at notes. Maybe some of those are mistakes, I don't know, I never was sure about Clapton either in his old live stuff. But it still was great! Heck even David's slow stuff, some may say it is easy, but not so, not to play it well. Stuff like that has to be perfectly timed or something sounds wrong (of course you always have that loud backing track to cover if you don't want to spend the time perfecting it, you know, lipstick on a pig, it fools most on youtube).

edit: I also look for interesting rhythms on the phrases. Lian is a master of that. I might listen to a more mechanical lesson that lacks this, or at least I used to before had them all covered. Now I look for rhythm nuances, stuff you can never notate, that you have to pick up by ear. Lian has a lot of that stuff. He fits in 4/4 stuff, or triplet stuff, mixes it up. But still keeps the beat going. I basically like beat music, but with interest in it. Pavel had some that had it, the stuff most people don't mess with concerning Pavel. I rarely have seen anyone look at his D-Mood, and that is full of interesting rhythms.

+Quote Post
chmilew
Sep 30 2008, 10:32 PM
yeah Roo was very creative, miss him too sad.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 1 2008, 04:19 AM
Dude, I loved his playing but I could never get his country style lessons down, he's just on a different level technically.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Oct 1 2008, 08:35 AM
Singing Instructor
I did not met him,he was gone before I came.I am shore he was great instructor.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:56 PM