2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Active : Dark Light Collaboration, Lets make some melodic licks
audiopaal
Oct 6 2008, 11:09 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Cool backing smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Oct 7 2008, 04:35 PM
Singing Instructor
Thanks audio.smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Oct 12 2008, 01:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Oxac @ Oct 6 2008, 12:16 AM) *
I just had a go at it and I must say this. You can make some cool things using some open strings.

E doesn't fit, sorry tongue.gif
B are minor seventh
G are the fifth
D are the second
A are the sixth
E again, doesn't fit

I think that this is a good thing to do with every scale you try out. I mean, E minor, yeh lets see. every string fits and ya know it. A minor, yeh just go for it. Cminor? Wah! C# Phrygian? Huh?? It's easy to get confused. But if you find out what open strings you can use, that will help a lot.

Umm... I just got a little confused about the open strings tongue.gif Here to clear up a bit:

E doesn't fit (Of course it would still be cool if you managed to use it somehow)
B is the major seventh, so you can use it if you want to use C harmonic minor, or even with A in C melodic minor.
G is the fifth.
D is the second.
A is a major sixth: It can fit if you want to use C dorian mode or C melodic minor; Then you could use both A and B! biggrin.gif
E, well...

Oops! I almost forgot to say: I'm in! biggrin.gif Let's hope I get the time to make something rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by IDontWantMyUsername: Oct 12 2008, 01:05 PM

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Oxac
Oct 12 2008, 01:16 PM
@IDontW...

Sorry, stupid Swedish confusion. I sometimes mix up B and Bb because of the Swedish H and B... Most of the times I get it right but it can create some real confusion ya know. Bb would be the minor seventh and B major seventh and B is the open string so ya, major seventh.

One has to follow the chordprogression and watch out for the Ab, a C dim 7 arpeggio would sound awesome at that spot.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for the clearing things up. Now let's move on to cursing the stupid transcriber who confused B with H and then instead of Hb created B. That messes with my theory!!!

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Oct 13 2008, 08:42 PM
QUOTE (Oxac @ Oct 12 2008, 02:16 PM) *
@IDontW...

Sorry, stupid Swedish confusion. I sometimes mix up B and Bb because of the Swedish H and B... Most of the times I get it right but it can create some real confusion ya know. Bb would be the minor seventh and B major seventh and B is the open string so ya, major seventh.

One has to follow the chordprogression and watch out for the Ab, a C dim 7 arpeggio would sound awesome at that spot.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for the clearing things up. Now let's move on to cursing the stupid transcriber who confused B with H and then instead of Hb created B. That messes with my theory!!!

Haha, that has tricked me many times too tongue.gif I'm from Norway, so we have the same thing here biggrin.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Guest_Minz80_*
Oct 19 2008, 12:42 PM

This is an awesome backing! I'll give this a try~ I should have time to complete it by deadline. huh.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Oct 23 2008, 02:57 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Minz80 @ Oct 19 2008, 01:42 PM) *
This is an awesome backing! I'll give this a try~ I should have time to complete it by deadline. huh.gif

Cool mate,it would be great to haw you. wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:01 AM