Bogdan Radovic
post Oct 9 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #21

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Oct 8 2008, 07:16 PM) *
Well im back, it was only a prelimenary interview, but they have tons of positions open, so im almost hopeful! Looks like i might be working at a pet store. tongue.gif

Those are some great news! And that is a cool place to work in!! smile.gif I hope they hire you! smile.gif

For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Oct 9 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.501

QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Oct 8 2008, 01:31 PM) *
Never give them any reasons not to hire you, when they ask weaknesses the only one you should ever say is a lack of job experience THEN go straight back into reasons why they should hire you! give them reasons why you can overcome your lack of experience and be a valued member of your team. Your trying to sell yourself. you would never try and sell a car by telling the buyer it had some scratches and dents.

Strange... if I sold a car that's exactly what I would do... I guess for everybody (myself included) talking about our negatives is a difficult thing but if you do it well you show that you are sincere and do reflect upon your own actions.

For example in my case I say that although having a university diploma I am no academic and learn more by doing than by reading.
Or in cases of knowledge say honestly which are your strengths and weaknesses...

If you try to avoid telling about your weaknesses the interviewer will know that you are hiding something... it's worse than making weaknesses up ;-)

And if I sold a car not mentioning the scratches and dents the buyer will feel ripped off and tell that to all his colleagues and friends making me lose potential buyers.

Anyway good luck with your job :-) Hope it works out!!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 11:41 PM