> Late intro...
raqroso
post Oct 26 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 867

I signed up around a month ago but I never properly introduced myself -

I picked up guitar in my late 20's after college. .... played for around 3 years - I had a teacher and I never got very good but I learned enough pretty quick to start messing around with a 4 track recorder (tape) / jam with friends pretty regular- talk about but never start a band....... I moved, and the jams ended (still got a drum set, though)

I got into career, married , kids, mortgage the whole bit and I Put the guitar down for about 5 years ... then came New Years 2006 ... my resolution was to start playing again - so since January I've been practicing early in the morning, at lunch and in the eves ... weekends when I can but my girls are 6 and 3 and I don't want to miss anything with them at this age.

Guitar-wise I'm working on my weaknesses as a player - which for staters I identified as my ability to solo - that's what brought me to the site.... someone mentioned freelicks on the Fender discussion board and then I saw the masterclass.... Seems like before I was more on the creative side than the technical side of music... the recording and mixing and songwriting (if you could call it that)- now I'm focused on being a better player... I'm hooked and I don't think I'll ever put it down again...

Why music:

1. Rock music = cool and I love it
2. unlike athletic hobbies (soccer, basketball) music is something you improve at as you get older
3. It fills a void for me - it seems like a meaningful way to improve oneself rather than just be a spectator in life.

Thanks for puting the site together Kris - it is a big help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Oct 26 2006, 07:22 AM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

Welcome Ragroso - and glad you got yourself together and finally realised solo guitar is life! wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
post Oct 26 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #3

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 873

Wow, I think you are the first "new years resolution to play guitar" I have heard of!

2. unlike athletic hobbies (soccer, basketball) music is something you improve at as you get older

So true! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2017 - 03:53 AM