3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Buying A New Guitar - Ibanez Or Fender?
ztevie
Oct 13 2008, 04:17 PM
GMC:er
I would think this is a better guitar, and the money is practically the same...? Sure you can lower the price some too...
http://www.vendolin.se/Annonce_Detail.asp?...nonceid=5483144

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 13 2008, 04:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 11:01 AM) *
OK, found this guitar:
http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=200254807477

It'd cost me about 6800kr which is 2000kr cheaper than here in Sweden.
But that one is a "Lone Star" deluxe and not "Players" strat. Whats the difference?

Looks nice, I love strats, since you are already a strat player, you would probably feel more comfortable with a strat.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 04:32 PM
QUOTE (ztevie @ Oct 13 2008, 05:17 PM) *
I would think this is a better guitar, and the money is practically the same...? Sure you can lower the price some too...

Looks great.. perhaps I should think about that one.
How much should I cough up with? 6.5k?

QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Oct 13 2008, 05:21 PM) *
Looks nice, I love strats, since you are already a strat player, you would probably feel more comfortable with a strat.

Yea, but I don't know how it differs from the Deluxe Players strat. Anyone who knows? :-)

Thanks again guys!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ztevie
Oct 13 2008, 05:00 PM
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 05:32 PM) *
Looks great.. perhaps I should think about that one.
How much should I cough up with? 6.5k?

Hard to say... He did change the pickups on it, which is a BIG +. Air Norton is superb in the neck position, Air Zone I've never tried... Edge Pro bridge is also first class. This is indeed a nice guitar, but if you're used to Strats, there is quite some difference between them.
But if you like the feel of Ibanez thin necks, this is for sure a mean shredding machine!
The best is if you could go there and try it first. It seems to be in Uddevalla, but I don't know where in Sweden you live?

I don't know about the price, but it seems like a fair price to me, but you could always try to lower it some... Not too low, you might piss him off and he won't sell it to you? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 08:16 PM
QUOTE (ztevie @ Oct 13 2008, 06:00 PM) *
Hard to say... He did change the pickups on it, which is a BIG +. Air Norton is superb in the neck position, Air Zone I've never tried... Edge Pro bridge is also first class. This is indeed a nice guitar, but if you're used to Strats, there is quite some difference between them.
But if you like the feel of Ibanez thin necks, this is for sure a mean shredding machine!
The best is if you could go there and try it first. It seems to be in Uddevalla, but I don't know where in Sweden you live?

I don't know about the price, but it seems like a fair price to me, but you could always try to lower it some... Not too low, you might piss him off and he won't sell it to you? rolleyes.gif

Yea ok sound pretty nice.
I live in Gävleborg (Söderhamn). I'm going to check hitta.se to see where Uddevalla is; doesn't sound too far away. :-D

Thanks again everyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Oct 13 2008, 08:24 PM
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 03:44 PM) *
Hoi guys, I have a budget of about 1000$ (about 7000kr or 600£) to buy a new guitar. Been saving for a long time. :-)
I've been thinking about a Fender Deluxe (American or Mexican) or buying an Ibanez.

These are some of the "tips" I got this far:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=511145X (question: this item has been discontinued; does this mean they don't sell it any more?)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=518115X
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=515738 (I don't like the colours on this one, but people say it's the best one.. I want more feelings to the colours of the guitar, just white or black feels abit cold to me).
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=511597
This is probally the one I like the most in colours and such; but to buy such a guitar here in Sweden would cost me alot of money.. and if I order it I can't try it out. So anyone ever played this guitar and know how it feels?

Any of you guys here have any additional tips or words to add? :-)

Thanks alot in advance,
Fredrik

Both a fender and ibanez is very versatile, so any choosing will be uber.

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 13 2008, 08:31 PM
That 1st deluxe guitar in your link looks superb!hwhat a beutifull instrument.

Ibanez or fender?Both great makes but I kind of prefer the feel of american strats-they seem to have soul

Not saying Ibanez are bad,there far from it!Some of my all time favourite players use Ibanez(timmons/gilbert)

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 13 2008, 08:43 PM
Lets go fishing!
There is only one guitar there I would seriously consider buying, and thats the Ibanez 2550Z, it is a simply awsome guitar.

The fender is a good guitar too, just in a very different way. The question is, do you want drive an old classic or modern super weapon? make no mistake, that Ibanez is AWSOME !

QUOTE (ztevie @ Oct 13 2008, 04:17 PM) *

that is also an awsome guitar biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 08:47 PM
The 2550Z would cost me 12955kr here in Sweden .. which is about 1900$.. which is WAY over my budget. :-P

This is the cheapest that guitar that would suit me best I think:
http://www.thomann.de/se/fender_deluxe_pla...rat_3csb_rw.htm

This or the Ibanez in the ad (they're about the same price).

Can't belive guitars are so damn expensive in Sweden compared to USA. :-/

--------------------

+Quote Post
ztevie
Oct 13 2008, 09:08 PM
You should really ask him for more and better pics, ask him for the serial number and tell him to be straight up with any flaws and dings this guitar might have. The ideal is of course if you actually could travel to try it out yourself, the second best if you know someone in that area who could go there check it out for you. The least desireable alternative is to buy it without anyone looking at it or trying it first.
Oh by the way, Uddevalla is near Göteborg.. So you'll have a few miles to travel...

For what ever it's worth, here are some reviews of that Ibanez...:
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...M+Prestige/10/1

Some other nice options(according to me that is, I aint no Fender guy smile.gif ):
http://diskantforum.se/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10575
http://diskantforum.se/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5073
http://vendolin.se/Annonce_Detail.asp?rub=...nonceid=5484964

--------------------
Gear:
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Oct 13 2008, 11:16 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 13 2008, 06:10 AM) *
Why don't you pick up a cheap Fender Mexican Strat and stick some Fender Texas Special pick ups in it. That is what I'd do. Sounds incredible.

Youd be better off getting the Fender Highway 1 rather than Mex - Its the cheapest American Made Strat they have(Parts are Mexi I believe but the whole thing is quality controlled and assembled in the US, so its constructed better).

I looked at the American Strat deluxe a few years back but didn't like the colors either, so I bought a used Fender Plus, and I love it - I have Lace Hot Gold Pups in it so its got more bite.

But I had heard soemthing recently that the latest American Strats (As of this year) are really good(Some changes were made I believe to the pups or the wiring) - You might want to look into it a bit on Fender Forums - I wouldn't worry too much about the color - if you get a good basic color(like black), you can change out the pickguard easily and get it to look unique(As I did). My personal opinion is everybody needs at least 1 strat in their collection as its a very versatile guitar, and it obviously has the following and history to prove it. It is also something that you know will keep some value for many years(speaking American made).

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
kjutte
Oct 15 2008, 05:27 AM
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 09:47 PM) *
The 2550Z would cost me 12955kr here in Sweden .. which is about 1900$.. which is WAY over my budget. :-P

This is the cheapest that guitar that would suit me best I think:
http://www.thomann.de/se/fender_deluxe_pla...rat_3csb_rw.htm

This or the Ibanez in the ad (they're about the same price).

Can't belive guitars are so damn expensive in Sweden compared to USA. :-/

Guitarbusiness is bad in USA. I got my 2570Z for 900 dollars smile.gif
Shipping costed like 3-400 too. (taxes included)

This post has been edited by kjutte: Oct 15 2008, 05:27 AM

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 15 2008, 06:25 AM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Oct 15 2008, 06:27 AM) *
Guitarbusiness is bad in USA. I got my 2570Z for 900 dollars smile.gif
Shipping costed like 3-400 too. (taxes included)

How do you actually order the guitar that way? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 15 2008, 08:01 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Here's an odd ball http://www.blocket.se/vi/18441020.htm?ca=11_s

I can recommend that guitar because I own one myself, not as ugly as this orange one, mine is neon green wink.gif I'm guessing it's made in the late 80's and early 90's (I got mine in -91) and it's produced in Japan and great quality. I've routed mine so I have it H-S-H but you could easily put Fender pickups in it if you'd want a twangy sound.

A great guitar for no money, ugly though. I know it doesn't fit your demands for a Fender or an Ibanez but knowing it's well built I think it can still give some new Fenders and Ibanez guitars a run for quality I thought I'd mention it.

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 15 2008, 08:08 AM
yeahh charvels are realy nice looking axes,I have a dark green metalic fusion that was made in Japan around about the same time-I also owned a Jackson pro made in japan about the same time too in metalic black-for their price there realy good and the build quality is great

The american Jackson lines are great axes too,well worth the money

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 15 2008, 12:54 PM
Well; I think I'll order a Fender Player Deluxe from Thomann.de (a sunburst one). It goes for about 6400kr which is way better than what I'd have to pay for it here in Sweden (about 8900kr).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 15 2008, 01:31 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Just a thought, you already have a Mexican Fender strat (haven't you?), why not save a bit more and get a more "definitive" guitar later, such as an american deluxe strat?

http://www.thomann.de/es/fender_american_d..._stratrw3cs.htm

Just a thought. I know it might not be what you want to hear if you are decided to buy a new guitar now. Then again if you reallyt think that the model you mentioned is a major improvement over your current axe, then go for it.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 15 2008, 01:40 PM
I get what you're saying; but I'm not so sure that the difference is that big. My MIM is way better than most Americans I tested. But if you're sure that the quality of those 2 instruments differ; then your idea is something I will follow.

Found this guitar on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-American-Deluxe...id=p3286.c0.m14

However, it's not Rosewood.. which I wanted. And if it doesn't gain too much in price I could probally get it for about 1100$ with shipping and all that (which is like 6500kr, about the same as an mexican deluxe from Thomann.de). Do you think it's worth it?

This post has been edited by Prantare: Oct 15 2008, 01:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 15 2008, 01:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 15 2008, 08:40 AM) *
I get what you're saying; but I'm not so sure that the difference is that big. My MIM is way better than most Americans I tested. But if you're sure that the quality of those 2 instruments differ; then your idea is something I will follow.

I have seen this many times, Mexican strats that play better than an American, people say I am crazy, sometimes is not price what makes a guitar better.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 15 2008, 01:55 PM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Oct 15 2008, 01:50 PM) *
I have seen this many times, Mexican strats that play better than an American, people say I am crazy, sometimes is not price what makes a guitar better.

I think the problem between Mexican Strats and American Strats is that all American Strats reach a certain quality and it's a pretty small region whereas Mexican Strats have much more variance in quality ranging from really awful to some that are better than the American ones. The only problem is buying one without trying it out is risky whereas an American Strat will always be a at a certain high standard.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:52 PM