Total Votes: 128
Guests cannot vote 
Fsgdjv
post Nov 1 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.545

Howcome there are only two candidates? I never really understood how that system works, and what's the deal wth the electors? I wouldn't mind if someone could shed some light on how (and if) that system actually works, if that's not straying to much off topic.

Voted Obama btw.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kyldeee
post Nov 1 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 2.321

I'm with Obama

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
bricktop
post Nov 1 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 210

I'm voting for Obama. Basically, I want to see our troops coming home. As a veteran from the first Gulf War, it's hard to believe we are still dealing with that mess...

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post
Ctodd
post Nov 1 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 3.051

QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 1 2008, 04:41 AM) *
I will explain it to you.

Republican plan - The haves keep what they have, preferably more, screw the peasants. Regarding the rest of the world, use them as we can, but screw them also, after all, they are all foreigners. Also keep paying 1 1/2 to 2 times the amount per person than they do in Europe and Canada for medical care, and convince everyone we have the best in the world, even though we rank 30th in the world in life expectancy. After all, we don't want to stand in line for 6 months like they have to do in Europe if they break their leg, before anyone treats it.

Democrat plan - Maybe the people who work their asses off for minimum wage deserve better, and maybe those who suck 100 times as much out of the system deserve a bit less. And maybe we should try to get along a bit better with the rest of the world.

You make your choice. But is is your duty to vote, even if one is nuts enough to vote Republican, still you should vote.

edit: spelling

I am completely familiar with Obama centered argument against McCain, which you have just outlined... I'm just saying... when you listen to the McCain centered argument against Obama... It becomes very difficult to choose...

And regarding this specifically
You make your choice. But is is your duty to vote, even if one is nuts enough to vote Republican, still you should vote.

I don't believe in this philosophy... I think that their are too many people out there that vote for the sake of voting... and too me that is not voting at all... I think when you say this too somebody, and you make them go vote... they don't know who they are going to vote for, and basically wind up closing their eyes and pointing to somebody (metaphorically)

This post has been edited by Ctodd: Nov 1 2008, 10:55 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
N4085B
post Nov 1 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 3.377

This guy gets it.....(although I still can't vote for mccain)...I do identify with what he is saying.....bigger government is rarely, if ever, a better solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxhYampIl7A...feature=related

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
post Nov 1 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1.243

Obamas tax policy is absurd. He will most likely win, but whatever.

Nobama 08'

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
post Nov 2 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2.159

Obama of course,
and I hope he'll bring some real changes,
US administration is very complex thing
and president is pretty often just a face. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Nov 2 2008, 02:04 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 3.904

If only Bush could get it for another term.

+Quote Post
Siggum
post Nov 2 2008, 02:10 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 3.701

QUOTE (Duncan @ Nov 2 2008, 02:04 AM) *

LOL

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
post Nov 2 2008, 02:30 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 2.170

Voted for Obama smile.gif

I think we should send this poll to USA as an example for what the world wants tongue.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Ctodd
post Nov 2 2008, 05:22 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 3.051

I just feel that the general public isn't educated enough to vote in an intelligent manner... and ....

US administration is very complex thing
and president is pretty often just a face.

I feel this is a by-product of too many people that are easily swayed by the attack ads you see on TV.

bottom line is I feel that people like the idea of electing a younger, African, democratic president... and they vote more based on this than anything else.

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
post Nov 2 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #32

Learning Tone Seeker
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.631

QUOTE (Ctodd @ Nov 2 2008, 05:22 AM) *
I just feel that the general public isn't educated enough to vote in an intelligent manner... and ....

That's basically the problem in general for many elections at whatever place on earth.

For example, our government/parliament in the Netherlands would never ever have been like it's current distribution if only people could vote who actually fully understand/read the different political parties view/statements/etc instead of just voting for a nice face, a popular statement (influence of media) etc.

Not much to do about this, but this is one of the serious flaws in democracy nowadays smile.gif

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Nov 2 2008, 01:48 PM

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Nov 2 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (N4085B @ Nov 1 2008, 07:18 AM) *
I'm with Noangels on this one; I can't stand either of them thus I'm voting Libertarian (Bob Barr/Wayne Root) and voting against any incumbant in the other races whether democrat or republican. The definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result....we've been voting for the same two parties for the past 50+ years here and they both suck. They only care about staying in power and getting re-elected....no matter what the cost. Throw the bums out!

Generally that has been the case. But if you think that there is not A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE this time, you are not paying much attention. Obama is going to make some serious changes, more than a lot of people realize. If Obama gets 60 Dems in the Senate you will see legislation in the first two years that nobody even dreamed possible a few years ago, they won't be able to stop him. And it will be a good thing for the future of the country. No more World Wars to win in the future, we have to change or ways, and move ahead with the times, not be dinosaurs thinking we can bring back the past.

I have a theory on Palin, why the old guy picked her. Insurance. The Dems are not forgetting the Clinton impeachment. That was a travesty, to impeach him over that. Every president had done worse, the only time anyone had been impeached before that was after the Civil war, where 600,000 were killed and half the country destroyed, more serious times. However McCain knows that they will be afraid to do that should he get in, as look what would replace him! I still find it hard to believe anyone would pick someone like that as VP, but considering he is someone who thinks getting on SNL and playing a buffoon is presidential behavior, I guess it should not be surprising. People act like that as they appraoch senility.

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Nov 1 2008, 05:12 PM) *
Obamas tax policy is absurd. He will most likely win, but whatever.

Nobama 08'

I see this election much like how it was on the plantation when we had slavery, that is, if they had let the slaves vote about whether they wanted to be free.

Now the house slaves they had nice new clothes, and got to eat in the kitchen, so they loved the Massah. But most of the field hands, well they got whipped a lot, so most of them wanted to be free. But even some of the field hands still would have voted for the massah, because they knew, without the massah, they would all die.

+Quote Post
tommyboy
post Nov 3 2008, 12:04 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 6.175

I guess since I will be voting I should partake. Obama

Man I wish all of you could vote. Then it wouldn't even be close!

tommyboy

This post has been edited by tommyboy: Nov 3 2008, 01:30 AM

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
-Zion-
post Nov 3 2008, 09:22 AM
Post #35

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 5.141

Obama here.

I think the choice for us europeans is quite an easy choice.. I believe that Obama have some really nice things on his agenda and he seems genuine, honest and overall just seems like he knows more about the outside world than mccain.

McCain.. Chosing sarah as VP after telling the nation that obama is WAY too young.. come on.. furthermore he's what 72? years old, and spend over half a decade locked up and tortured in Vietnam. I dont care who you are, that leaves scars on your soul. I have every bit of respect for the people who serve their country as the next guy, but i cannot help thinking that in this case being locked away for that long will have a negative impact on the world as a whole.

With that said, I can perfectly understand why the american people dont think it's an easy choice. The changes Obama represent is a big handful, and many believe that he will take away their money and what not for healthcare, schools and what not.

Here in Denmark, we have all those things for free. We do pay lots of taxes, but medical care should not be based on the size of your wallet. It should be every persons right. Just as education should be. Educations helps the future of the country. This is why, to me, the choice is an easy one..

I *KNOW* that i dont have as much information on either candidate as the americans *SHOULD* have. All i can hope is that ALL who can, go and vote. Then the outcome will be justified (whatever the outcome may be)

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Nov 3 2008, 09:26 AM

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
post Nov 3 2008, 09:24 AM
Post #36

Singing Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.960

I don't know how much here in Europe we will feel the change of the outcome.But for shore I will like to see Obama as president.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
post Nov 3 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 4.915

QUOTE (Duncan @ Nov 2 2008, 02:04 AM) *

HAHA! Funniest thing ive seen in days! laugh.gif

I voted for obama, i know you all just think im a kid and such, but i know alot about politics huh.gif

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Nov 3 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 3.401

I think Rambo would actually make a better president that McCain. biggrin.gif Doesn't McCain have a book coming out called how to destroy the world in a year laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
post Nov 3 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 4.915

McCain will destroy USA if he becomes president. I hope Obama wins. biggrin.gif

Rambo would be kickass. lmao

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Nov 3 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 3.401

If only this poll meant anything biggrin.gif I will be sad and watch all the election coverage from Midnight here in the UK.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 10:52 AM