Guests cannot vote 
OrganisedConfusi...
post Nov 5 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #201

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.401

QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 5 2008, 12:07 PM) *
Yeah Obama won it fair and square and probably for the better for all of us.
Al Gore won the populatiry vote but there was a draw in elector votes while.. oh I don't recall exactly but Bush claimed the win after a recount of Florida by some 500 votes favor. Court judged towards Bush's and Al pled defeat while the next recount showed Al Gore as winner but it had already been settled by then.
Not so fair play surely, we can not even know one percent of the game beind the scenes. huh.gif

That was definitely an election that was a dodgy one where people had every right to complain. When it comes down to voting miscounts and total mess ups in some states then that is where it isn't fair.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
post Nov 5 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #202

Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.697

Obama takes it by a landslide smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
USAMAN
post Nov 5 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #203

Member No.: 3.048

QUOTE (mjsteps @ Nov 5 2008, 10:59 AM) *
How ironic that America has elected a party whose approval rating in congress is lower than George Bushs. ohmy.gif

As I had said we are witnessing unprecidented history, times have changed, people change,values change. laugh.gif

Now lets see if Obama is the man he says he is ? or will he bow to the left wing liberals who run the roost in the congress. biggrin.gif

He doesnt have to bow to them ...He is one of them,

QUOTE (Moon Boots @ Nov 5 2008, 11:43 AM) *
Okay then, you've clearly missed my point. I'll put it down to lack of sleep.

Let me rephrase:

Obama got ~ 100% of black votes
Obama got ~ 50% of white votes

The disparity between these numbers is extremely large and therefore votes were influenced by race. Surely you agree? How you can call me racist for this is truely a mystery - I'm still waiting for an apology.

I didn't say that the white votes weren't influenced either.

One more thing - where did I say that I support McCain? I was merely commmenting that votes are effected by the race of the candidates. Nothing more!!! blink.gif

Thanks MickeM, that is exactly what I'm trying to explain to him.

Im not sure about the black vote / white vote thing....However I know he got 100% of the lazy welfare vote.

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Nov 5 2008, 01:39 PM

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Nov 5 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #204

Hopefully we can all agree that it is good to see the back of Bush. Here are some of his awful quotes. biggrin.gif The one in bold being my favourite smile.gif

20. "Those who enter the country illegally violate the law." - Nov. 28, 2005

19. "We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans." - Sept. 6, 2000

18. "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." - Dec. 19, 2000

17. "Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness." - Aug. 30, 2000

16. "I think we agree, the past is over." - May 10, 2000

15. "I understand small business growth. I was one." - Feb. 19, 2000

14. "This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." - April 23, 2002

13. "I want everybody to hear loud and clear that I'm going to be the president of everybody." - Jan. 18, 2001

12. "One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - Jan. 3, 2000

11. "I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will." - Oct. 5, 2002

10. "I just want you to know that when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." - June 18, 2002

9. "I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein." - May 25, 2004

8. "I firmly believe the death tax is good for people from all walks of life all throughout our society." - Aug. 13, 2002

7. "There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again." - Sept. 17, 2002

6. "The truth of that matter is, if you listen carefully, Saddam would still be in power if he were the president of the United States, and the world would be a lot better off." - Oct. 8, 2004

5. "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." - Sept. 29, 2000

4. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - Aug. 5, 2004

3. "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" - Jan. 11, 2000

2. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." - Jan. 27, 2000

1. "They misunderestimated me." - Nov. 6, 2000

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
post Nov 5 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #205

Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.018

bye bye Bush

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
misterj
post Nov 5 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #206

Member No.: 1.664

QUOTE (The Spartan @ Nov 5 2008, 03:53 AM) *
Maybe it's not correct. But that's how everyone I know thinks of Americans. Even my friends from european countries think the same way.
Or maybe it's just you and the people you know are on of the "enlightened" ones and acutally know what's going on in the real world,outside the USA.
Although I had more than 5 friends who went to study in the USA and all of them said that they were treated differently from Non-Muslim people but if you say it's not true then I'm glad about it.
I've been to most countries all over the world except to the USA and I don't want to go there. I'm a man with high self-respect and worth. why would I go to a country that there is a possibility people would treat me differently from other people just because of my relegion?
Excuse me if I'm being extremly sterotypical but as I have said everyone I know went to the USA,after 9/11, said the same thing.
Went a little bit off topic there but I just wanted to clarify why I said those things.

Im sure that you are right. there are many idiots out there. we have a long way to go in many ways in america. let me just say, that if you ever do come to america, you are welcome in my home, and will truly be treated equally.\\

also, who cares if all black people voted for obama? thats still less that 11 percent of the entire usa! and besides, if they did, wouldnt you vote for someone who you thought could empathise with your situation and cultural background? they may believe that because of his color or not, because his policies reflect it. black people have been treated horribly in this country and i dont blame them for seeing obama as an amazing milestone in our history. until now, most thought it was impossible. racism still exists here and being in an interracial marriage, i see it often, even though b4 i thought it didnt really exist. i was one of the arrogant americans. not anymore, as i explained on my previous post(way back on page 5)

This post has been edited by misterj: Nov 5 2008, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
fatb0t
post Nov 5 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #207

Member No.: 3.373

Well now only time can tell.. We can debate as much as we want but only the future can enforce or debunk our opinions.

I for one am ecstatic Bush is gone and the Republicans are going to be gone (though the Democrats have been in power for some time and done a horrendous job).

If Republicans were actually fiscally responsible and did not view themselves as the police of the world I would certainly be on board for tax cuts, small government, and making people in charge of themselves.
Too bad in the past eight years we've seen an exponential growth in government (establishment of the department of home land security for one and massive surveillance on citizens), the highest deficit EVER, major fact distortions and lies (Iraq), reinterpretation of the Constitution, establishment of freakin' secret prisions, the laundry list HAS NO end.

I feel basically ANYONE could do better than that.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Nov 5 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #208

Member No.: 1.632

Dave Mustaine for president.
(or Eric Peterson)

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Nov 5 2008, 03:18 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
fatb0t
post Nov 5 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #209

Only if Alex Skolnic is VP! (giving Eric advice on how to play ripping solosssssssssss on a national level)

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
post Nov 5 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #210

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.471

4. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - Aug. 5, 2004

Hehe, I also like "misunderestimated" what the... what does he wanna say tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ctodd
post Nov 5 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #211

Member No.: 3.051

QUOTE (Moon Boots @ Nov 5 2008, 03:58 AM) *
It's a sad day when a man can be elected purely on the basis of his colour sad.gif

I mean, he's mixed race and yet he's `black`. Is there something wrong with being white or mixed race?
I wonder if he would have got 97% of the black vote if he labelled himself as white?

actually the African American demographic votes Democrat 90% of the time... so yes

furthermore Bush took it too far with his conservitism... so people want a more liberal president... its the natural order of things... it sways back and forth all the time.... in the 20s we were really conservative... and then we had Roosevelt, a REALLY liberal President, then he took it too far... so after that we voted for a conservative president... and so on, and so on

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Nov 5 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #212

Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (Moon Boots @ Nov 5 2008, 05:07 AM) *
Explain to me right now why 97% of black americans voted for him. White americans voted fairly evenly.

MickeM has hit the nail on the head.

Well, 90% have voted for the Democratic candidate for decades. So what is the big deal about 7%.

Perhaps if your ancestor had been slaves, and then for over a 100 years suffered egregious discrimination, you would understand better.

The tears in people's eyes, including mine, were because now we know that is officially all over. I also feel that from this point on, the trust is there. I expect that number to start dropping now in future elections. But I fully understand why it was 97%, and see nothing wrong with it.

Who cares about race? Nobody in my town that I know. The BBC has said we do care a great deal, I felt they were clueless.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
post Nov 5 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #213

Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.697

Kristopher for extreme dictator of the guitar world.. all hail

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Nov 5 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #214

QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 5 2008, 02:57 PM) *
Who cares about race? Nobody in my town that I know. The BBC has said we do care a great deal, I felt they were clueless.

haha. The BBC were useless yesterday but I had to watch it on there. They say everything is down to race biggrin.gif They think all Americans are close minded racists. I'm surprised they didn't have a Breaking News banner when Obama won saying "Shock result as Americans found not to be racist" laugh.gif They are idiots on the BBC biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Nov 5 2008, 03:01 PM) *
Kristopher for extreme dictator of the guitar world.. all hail

Kris doesn't need to be a dictator he'd stay in charge by votes also biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Nov 5 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #215

Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 5 2008, 10:05 AM) *
haha. The BBC were useless yesterday but I had to watch it on there. They say everything is down to race biggrin.gif They think all Americans are close minded racists. I'm surprised they didn't have a Breaking News banner when Obama won saying "Shock result as Americans found not to be racist" laugh.gif They are idiots on the BBC biggrin.gif

Kris doesn't need to be a dictator he'd stay in charge by votes also biggrin.gif

Well all news is biased. I quit watching all that 4 years ago. Just looked now, and will quit looking as the election is over. But one thing I did notice over the past few days. I know all of them are biased. However Fox news has gone off the deep end. They always were conservative, but 4 or 5 years ago they were entertaining, and no more biased than anyone else I think, just biased conservative. But now they are off the charts in terms of bias, pretty much like Rush Limbaugh now. They do not even try to hide the bias anymore. At least other networks try to pretend they are objective.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Nov 5 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #216

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 5 2008, 10:28 AM) *
They do not even try to hide the bias anymore.

Not true - they say "Fair & Balanced" all the time ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
post Nov 5 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #217

Member No.: 3.577

I believe obama won because of GMC votes laugh.gif
Maybe give him a prize for winning the GMC competition tongue.gif laugh.gif

Lol im hyper today xD

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
fatb0t
post Nov 5 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #218

Andrew, please say you're being sarcastic smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Nov 5 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #219

QUOTE (fatb0t @ Nov 5 2008, 04:04 PM) *
Andrew, please say you're being sarcastic smile.gif

That line by Andrew is very sarcastic. Quite clearly laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Nov 5 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #220

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.167

Ok, try it this way:

Not true - they say "Fair & Balanced" all the time ...

Does that help ? wink.gif

Actually, it works even if it isn't sarcastic - my intention wasn't to state that they are fair and balanced - in the context of Fkalich's assertion that they don't try to hide their bias any more, that was intended as a refutation as they do in fact claim to be fair and balanced ....

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 10:08 AM