practice program.
Matt_Herd
Nov 6 2006, 07:10 PM
GMC:er
I think its about time i used some kind of practice program, but i dont no were to start?, anyone want to point me in the right direction. (I dont mean a computer program, something like 30 mins chords, 30 mins scales)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Matt_Herd: Nov 6 2006, 07:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 7 2006, 08:41 AM
GMC Founder
This is a pretty frequent question and I will do some detailed lesson on it in the future.

For now, a suggestion could be the following schedule: 30% technique & scales - 30 % jamming & improvisation - 30 % learning new songs & licks & solos etc.

In the remaining 10 % you could eat, sleep, and drink (water).

Rock on! cool.gif

--Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick
Nov 7 2006, 01:05 PM
I eagerly await your lesson, in the mean time take a look at this link:

http://www.guitarnoise.com/practice.php

Hey Kris, I don't want to be a walking guitarnoise advertisement, or be thought a spammer. It's just where I know the links. If you'd prefer I don't link back just drop me a PM. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 7 2006, 01:26 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Nick @ Nov 7 2006, 03:05 PM) *
Hey Kris, I don't want to be a walking guitarnoise advertisement, or be thought a spammer. It's just where I know the links. If you'd prefer I don't link back just drop me a PM. tongue.gif

I definately dont have a problem with that - on the contrary, who could better show us around guitarnoise than you? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt_Herd
Nov 8 2006, 04:50 PM
What do you think of this?

30 mins technique
30 mins scales
30 mins chords
30 mins songs/solos
30 mins musical theory
30 mins jamming & improvisation + backing tracks.

3 hours in total. Is this to much? or do you think this will be good?

+Quote Post
Norven
Nov 8 2006, 08:10 PM
QUOTE (Matt_Herd @ Nov 8 2006, 04:50 PM) *

You can never play to much guitar! i try to play 4-6 hours guitar per day.. the days I´m free from school sometimes i play up to 12 hours a day.. not very often but 3-4 times a month.

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 9 2006, 07:46 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Matt_Herd @ Nov 8 2006, 06:50 PM) *

30 mins technique
30 mins scales
30 mins chords
30 mins songs/solos
30 mins musical theory
30 mins jamming & improvisation + backing tracks.

Looks good - three hours is not to much. You choose.

Norven: 12 hours is impressive, just be careful not to hurt yourself. Make pauses, stretch your arms, stop if you feel any pain etc.

--kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
xhernan
Nov 9 2006, 08:20 AM
unsure.gif What would be the different in Scales and Chord practice? I feel that they are very similar. Would chords be more trying to find more double and triple stops?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 9 2006, 09:31 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (xhernan @ Nov 9 2006, 10:20 AM) *
unsure.gif What would be the different in Scales and Chord practice? I feel that they are very similar. Would chords be more trying to find more double and triple stops?

Well we haven't speaked to much about more advanced chords at gmc - but if one want's to dive into that there are lots of things to practice. Especially for jazz guitar.

A beginner who can't properly play barre chords ( we have got a begginners lesson on that coming up pretty soon) - should definately spend som time on that.

For rock guitar you can come a log with just power chords. Check out the power chord lesson. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Norven
Nov 9 2006, 03:37 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 9 2006, 07:46 AM) *
Norven: 12 hours is impressive, just be careful not to hurt yourself. Make pauses, stretch your arms, stop if you feel any pain etc.

--kris

I know.. I do stretch and some short pauses. And I don´t play fast all the time. I like to play slower blues with feeling.. so this far I haven´t got any problems with pain.

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
Matt_Herd
Nov 9 2006, 05:50 PM
I will do the samething, but will take as much time as i need to on them before moving on.

This post has been edited by Matt_Herd: Nov 9 2006, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
Nick
Nov 9 2006, 10:23 PM
I think that before you embark on the journey you should take some time to figure out the destination.

What kind of guitarist do you want to be?
Is speed more important or do you want to be more melodic?
Do you play for pleasure or profit?
Do you want to just jam or play in a regular band?
Are you going to play lead, rhythm and/or sing?

I'm sure there are a lot more you could ask.

If you don't know your destination how will you know when you've arrived?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 11 2006, 11:26 AM
GMC Founder
Monday's lesson will be about "how to practice" - by popular request! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:00 AM