3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
O_m_g Awsome Daddy 3333>, guitar helps,pls pls come help i need ALL OF YOU
bamba23
Nov 4 2008, 05:59 PM
GMC:er
i had a topic before,about a guitar in 500-600 budget...
my awsome daddy,is in miami,i got like 1 month 2 month to think
his gona buy me a POD2.0
and the guitar is new thing,he told me he would like to buy anything better in 1000$!!!
i play metal,childer,cradle,nightwish etc
i need fast neck,cs my currect neck sucks.
im not gonna change guitar ALOT of time,so somthing good...
1000$ bucks
no FENDER
no GIBSON
please help biggrin.gif
i love you guys biggrin.gif (im very happy right now lol)

BTW please show links from sam ash

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by bamba23: Nov 4 2008, 05:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Nov 4 2008, 06:12 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Id go for a a schecter or an ibanez.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 4 2008, 06:14 PM
Instructor
My brother has an awesome Ibanez RG prestige in the Dolphin Mall at Sam Ash, I like these guitars a lot I have the older model, this one has some advantages over mine, newer tremolo floyd, 3 pickups (2 hums and a single).

Tell you dad to ask for Andres Mena, he might be able to give him a little discount, and help you with the taxes if he has the passport and his I-94.

I forgot to say, that Ibanez is about $1000

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 4 2008, 06:18 PM
right now i was looking for some posibblties
optiong:
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...ategorySA182593

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Dimebag-D...928-i1172312.gc

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...ategorySA-10001

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 4 2008, 06:23 PM
Instructor
That is the Ibanez RG I was telling you about, he has one of these at the store, I played it and I like it

This post has been edited by Jose Mena: Nov 4 2008, 06:24 PM

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Nov 4 2008, 06:24 PM
DO NOT buy that dean! That particular model, i have played 3 of, WORST GUITARS ive EVER played. Horrid, unfiled frets, crappy foyd rose copy, and really bad wiring. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

I vote for this, Probably LTD's best guitar in that price range!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 4 2008, 06:25 PM
DEAN IS OUT

about the eclipse,tremolo is kinda important for me,AND thr RG come with a case

This post has been edited by bamba23: Nov 4 2008, 06:26 PM

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 4 2008, 06:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bamba23 @ Nov 4 2008, 12:25 PM) *
DEAN IS OUT

about the eclipse,tremolo is kinda important for me,AND thr RG come with a case

The RG comes with the case

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 4 2008, 06:49 PM
i know that why i wrote it,lol

ammm the eclipse sound really nice,and i like the shape,im confused haha

i read about the eclipse neck,and some ppl told me it kinda slow

ok.i talked to my mother,she told me the my confort is most important.

so i think the RG2550 is it?

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 4 2008, 07:04 PM
Instructor
Sorry, I thought you were asking about the case.

Well comfort depends on who plays it, Ibanez has thin neck, not sure if it allows you to play faster, but it is comfortable for me, others think the neck is too thin and hate it.

If it was me, that is what I would buy, as I said I already own and Ibanez RG prestige, and I love it.

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 4 2008, 07:15 PM
im kinda 88 percent on the RG sound jsut perfect for me.
more heads?

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Nov 4 2008, 07:23 PM
Dude, you gotta go to a music store and play the guitars.... Which ever one you go "Ohhhhhh that one is totally it!" is the one you buy. Very simple, in fact its too simple - I got wayyy too many guitars =)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 4 2008, 07:29 PM
Im going to do all i can to sell you on a Schecter... SCHECTER basically destroys all other guitars not only for value but just for overall amazingness.. I have a c1-exotic star and a damien 7.. the exotic star is basically the most beautiful i have ever touched, i have not played a better guitar in any shop, by any company. I bought myself an Ibanez Xiphos (which is a rather highend ibanez) It has a very fast neck that is very nice for metal but everytime i play it i end up going back to my schecer and loving my schecter even more. EVEN IF YOU DON"T GET YOU, YOU HAVE TO TRY ONE! (did i mention they can look pritty awesome too!) Anything over 1000 for a schecter will get you an absolutely killer guitar.. for something that looks awesome and plays awesome i would recommend something in the c1 catagory, another good model is the hellraiser.. the hellraiser also comes as a c1 model.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

check them out! any questions feel free to PM me..

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 4 2008, 07:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
1. Necks are not slow; you can play any speed on any size neck if youre good
2. Be carefull with trems: if you don't buy a high quality one (orig. Floyd Rose or high end Ibanez) then you'll regret it
3. You get a case with an Ibanez and every prestige rg is a high quality guitar (I own one myself) but the curse of nearly every Ibanez (counts for your 2550 too) is that they put in cheap pickups to save money. The stock pickups in the rg 2550 are the same as on a 200$ Ibanez (=bad^^) so you would have to put another 200$ in new pickups before you'll be satisfied with the Ibanez BUT then you will REALLY be satisfied

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 4 2008, 08:35 PM
wait so to get the EMG i gota put another 200 bucks?
cant put another 200 bucks
im limited to only 1000 bucks
so esp?

i think that im gona go with

all other options,kinda not good

"I finally got this guitar a few days ago after thinking about it for a few months. I was hesitating between this beauty and some kind of Ibanez RG, but my hands are really big, and the Ibanez was just too thin. This guitar was perfect for me. The scale difference from a 23 or 24 something I had on my previous guitar made a huge *positive* difference in my playing. I was skeptical about buying a guitar with EMG pickups too, because some people complained of the clean tone, but it's great, and of course, the gain the 81 and 85 push out is incredible, even through my little 15W practice amp. Upgrading from a 300$ guitar, the impressions the MH-1000 gave me were that the guitar itself has a higher level of craftsmanship. I don't really know how to explain this, but the whole guitar feels better, the intonation is just perfect and great stuff like that. Another item I was skeptical about was the Floyd Rose trem, but it's staying in tune after HOURS or whammy bar craziness...And by "in tune" I mean PERFECT tune. No negative comments about this guitar at all, for me, this is the Dream guitar I've been waiting for, and here it is smile.gif "
a commet from musician friend.
that all i need ^^

This post has been edited by bamba23: Nov 4 2008, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 4 2008, 10:34 PM
Instructor
Check out these 2 Ibanez models. You would probably change pickups in some time, but they are great axes.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
berko
Nov 4 2008, 10:46 PM
If you have an opportunity to jam at stores then do it! It's ok that youu outline a collection of models you would like to try or buy, but you're the judge for the last verdict.

Btw I agree with smikey... schecters are great, stylish and VERY comfortable (this doesn't always mean thin necks thoguh). At around 1000 you'll even get stock EMGs. And there are some among them provided with wicked inlays and finishes - just for the heck of it.

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 4 2008, 11:56 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Nov 4 2008, 10:38 AM) *
1. Necks are not slow; you can play any speed on any size neck if youre good
2. Be carefull with trems: if you don't buy a high quality one (orig. Floyd Rose or high end Ibanez) then you'll regret it
3. You get a case with an Ibanez and every prestige rg is a high quality guitar (I own one myself) but the curse of nearly every Ibanez (counts for your 2550 too) is that they put in cheap pickups to save money. The stock pickups in the rg 2550 are the same as on a 200$ Ibanez (=bad^^) so you would have to put another 200$ in new pickups before you'll be satisfied with the Ibanez BUT then you will REALLY be satisfied

lol again you post stuff that isnt true...

first of all most trems are fine..its how you set them up that determines the tuning...i personally love ibanez's edge 3...i got it set up the right way, and its been doing me great for 2 years now...now yes, they will wear away faster than any high level trem, but thats after a couple years..

second, the ibanez prestige pick ups are dimarzio made, not the same pick ups on the $200 models....and you never know, he might end up liking the stock pick up....so do you research before you bag on ibanez...this is the second time ive seen you post something about ibanez that isnt true.

back to the topic:

ibanez is a great choice, the trem is among the highest level out there, better than an OFR in my own opinion...very versatile...you cant go wrong with it...but i encourage you to try out all the guitars you are looking at, and decide by feel, not by sound or what we think is good.

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 5 2008, 12:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Nov 4 2008, 11:56 PM) *
lol again you post stuff that isnt true...

first of all most trems are fine..its how you set them up that determines the tuning...i personally love ibanez's edge 3...i got it set up the right way, and its been doing me great for 2 years now...now yes, they will wear away faster than any high level trem, but thats after a couple years..

second, the ibanez prestige pick ups are dimarzio made, not the same pick ups on the $200 models....and you never know, he might end up liking the stock pick up....so do you research before you bag on ibanez...this is the second time ive seen you post something about ibanez that isnt true.

So you didn't understand my post OR I didn't make it clear enough...

I wanted him to know that he should better stay away from cheap tremolos because they detune fast and break easily. He is on the right side if he gets himself a guitar with an original Floyd Rose, an Ibanez trem from a Prestige or higher model or some other high quality trem (schaller, wikinson,...)

I also know that the Prestige pickups are not the same as on a 200$ Ibanez but they are just as bad. The fact that they are labeled ''Designed by DiMarzio'' does not make them good pickups; just like Duncan Designed pickups are far worse than actual Seymour Duncan Pickups.
It is a fact that Ibanez offers great quality in every detail and a high quality hardcase for a decent price but they cut back on the pickups to achieve those prices. I have a prestige RG myself and I almost didn't bought it because of the DiMarzio Ibanez stock pickups but after I put DiMarzio Evolution pickups in it, it became a perfect guitar!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Nov 5 2008, 12:49 AM
Instructor
Get this Nitefly, you won't regret it!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:13 PM