Pedja Simovic
post Nov 11 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Nov 11 2008, 07:33 PM) *
Mostly you get more attention with short hair I think ... Don't know why but it seems to be like that.

Wonder why is that ?
I have short hair and I like it a lot smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
megadeth1117
post Nov 12 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.509

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 11 2008, 05:30 PM) *
@ megadeth

you can cut your hair, definitely better for maintaining. ALso if you aren't sure how you are going to look like you can always photoshop yourself to find out. No kidding!

actually i was thinking of doing that, I should probably ask my dad to do that

I have no clue why I didn't think of that before, It would be much easier to decide biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
post Nov 12 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #23

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 2.807

QUOTE (megadeth1117 @ Nov 12 2008, 12:17 AM) *
actually i was thinking of doing that, I should probably ask my dad to do that

I have no clue why I didn't think of that before, It would be much easier to decide biggrin.gif

Or you post a picture and we'll try to give you a new haircut with photoshop. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
megadeth1117
post Nov 12 2008, 01:38 AM
Post #24

do your best i guess : )

lookwise i want to go from above, to bruce dickinson length

This post has been edited by megadeth1117: Nov 12 2008, 01:53 AM

+Quote Post
SensE
post Nov 12 2008, 01:45 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 4.144

You look good with ur long hair. Why cutting it? Don't you think that's one of your personally uniqueness? Look down the street, how many people has long hair like you do, and how many has short hair? I would say long hair get more attention than short hair especially when your long hair looks good.

You might regret 1 day and dont forget, it takes year to have it back.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
post Nov 12 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 1.434

QUOTE (megadeth1117 @ Nov 11 2008, 04:29 AM) *
hello guys, Recently I've put myself in a difficult decision, regarding if i should cut my hair or not

when I cut my hair I mean its pretty long (past shoulders) now and cut it to short hair

I've been going through the pros and cons and the good things about long hair are that: I guess it looks better when playing metal and is effective during concerts (headbanging)

the bad thing is that its annoying to fix and is defiantly uncomfortable

Some of my friends who have cut their had said it was very comfortable after they cut it and don't regret it, plus it looked better on some people than it did on others, also the lady friends said it would look better biggrin.gif

odd question, I know, but if there has been any people in this situation, what did you do?

CUT IT!
Comfortable, fast drying, feels fun to touch, save money (do it yourself), you will look cool. If there is a hair in your food you will know it's not yours. There is no drawback. tongue.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Rooks
post Nov 12 2008, 08:10 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 5.376

I have that same problem ! For the last 6-7 months I've been growing my har trying to get it longer, just to try it !

But always having easy short hair really makes it a challenge during that medium length! It's hard to put it right and after shower,.. But I don't know .. People say I look better with long hair and I'm not quitting until I reach that rock and roll length biggrin.gif

My humble opinion is .. I think you should cut it a little ... to just below your chin.. that would look awesome. I think you would regret taking it all off "looking like everyone else". ..
I think it gives you a strong personality look, rebelish rocker whatever biggrin.gif

Rooks

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
post Nov 12 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 3.577

I had very long hair before. I cut it though so now my hair is down almost to my shoulders. I like it that way, its not uncomfortable and not hard to fix or style smile.gif I say cut it half-long. Down to almost your shoulders... smile.gif

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
megadeth1117
post Nov 13 2008, 12:50 AM
Post #29

Once again thanks for the replies/recommendations

I am leaning toward cutting my hair, but the only thing holding me back is that I am a metal player and I think I would look weird playing thrash metal with short hair, silly reason I know but its the only thing holding me back

any metal players that play on stage with short here? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by megadeth1117: Nov 13 2008, 12:51 AM

+Quote Post
enforcer
post Nov 13 2008, 02:34 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.945

I have long hair for nearly 12 years now, I clean cut it twice and in both I decided to regrow it. (you'll say so why did you cut it 2nd time, it was of necessity because I made a dreadlock before)

I disagree about comfort issue. I find long hair way more comfortable, I got curly hair and I just make some hand adjustments when its needed and no cosmetics or hair wax etc. My friends with short hair spend HOURS in front of the mirror and has to eventually go to a barbers shop once in a while. Me, I do nothing but regulary cleaning and stuff. Yeah It is a little hard to dry and it gets in my mouth once in a while while I sing in stage, but I think these are little setbacks compared to the feel of the wind in your hair, while walking a dark street with a hardcase in your hand on a warm but windy fall night... wink.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Noangels
post Nov 13 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 5.628

I used to have realy long straight hair,down to the mid of my back.Now i have it cut short and bleached and I prefer it that way.Used to get anoying sitting in a pub beer garden drinking and smoking on a windy day with my hair being blown around my face and of course burning your hair with the lighter when lighting up another smoke!

Looking at your photo,you would easily suit long or short hair hair.Some people dont!A mate of mine has a massive nose and realy long hair,if he cut his hair short he would look like a rat biggrin.gif so it suits him to have long hair

If you cut it and dont like it big deal,it will grow back-but going by your photo you could pull of the shirt hair look very easily

edit-there are loads of metal players out there with short hair.KSE's adam has short hair and he looks cool

This post has been edited by Noangels: Nov 13 2008, 09:18 AM

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 12:13 PM