Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amp Recommendations?
Paiva
post Nov 12 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.182

So I'm going to buy a new amp soon but I need some recommendations. I'm thinking blues junior but I think I may need something more versatile. I play lots of Jazz and Blues these are my main styles but I also play a bit of metal (nothing Extreme! I may play something like Iron Maiden). I just play at home for the moment but since there is a lot of people now learning how to play instruments I may be in a band soon and I have some friends that also play guitar and I like to jam with them sometimes. My budget is something like 600 $

So any recommendations? tongue.gif

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
opeth.db
post Nov 12 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #2

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 5.886

Anything Tube! smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
post Nov 13 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4.221

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe maybe. It's got a real nice clean but it's a fuller sound than a twin. Think Bassman/Tweed with nice subtle high end. It just doesn't have that really high chime that's customary to Fender twins, which in my opinon (amp tone is ALL opinon) not desireable. I don't like the Twins much. The drive on the HRD is....6/10. I don't want to say under par because it's way better than solid state. Some people love their HRD's gain where as when I tried one out, the sales person said "The gain on this amp is ****, but the cleans are really smooth" or some thing like that. I didn't try the amp long, the Boogies grabbed my attention. Basically this amp doesn't 'go up to 11' haha. I'd personally grab a used Fender Bassman (most beautiful cleans ever IMO) or a basically any used boogies, which will have nice full cleans and a surplus of gain. Go to your local GC and then go to your locally owned guitar shop and play EVERYTHING. have fun, i do.
Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
tommyboy
post Nov 13 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6.175

QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Nov 12 2008, 05:18 PM) *
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe maybe. It's got a real nice clean but it's a fuller sound than a twin. Think Bassman/Tweed with nice subtle high end. It just doesn't have that really high chime that's customary to Fender twins, which in my opinon (amp tone is ALL opinon) not desireable. I don't like the Twins much. The drive on the HRD is....6/10. I don't want to say under par because it's way better than solid state. Some people love their HRD's gain where as when I tried one out, the sales person said "The gain on this amp is ****, but the cleans are really smooth" or some thing like that. I didn't try the amp long, the Boogies grabbed my attention. Basically this amp doesn't 'go up to 11' haha. I'd personally grab a used Fender Bassman (most beautiful cleans ever IMO) or a basically any used boogies, which will have nice full cleans and a surplus of gain. Go to your local GC and then go to your locally owned guitar shop and play EVERYTHING. have fun, i do.
Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

Peavey makes some real nice tube amps for low cost, For that blues sound a 1x12 combo is a great amp. Any tube amp you were to get will have plenty of volume. Until your in a band you'll never really know what you might need. So I would let your budget find a good sounding tube amp and worry about the rest latter.

tommyboy

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
post Nov 14 2008, 03:47 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4.221

QUOTE (tommyboy @ Nov 13 2008, 05:26 PM) *
Peavey makes some real nice tube amps for low cost, For that blues sound a 1x12 combo is a great amp. Any tube amp you were to get will have plenty of volume. Until your in a band you'll never really know what you might need. So I would let your budget find a good sounding tube amp and worry about the rest latter.

tommyboy

Oops, sry! I forgot to recommend the Peavey Classic series. I'd get the Peavey classic 50 4x10 if I were you. It's great for both practice and live situation, but if your definitely just going to be doing home practice and a little bit of jamming with a band, get the Classic 30. Don't forget too try EVERYTHING! hope this helps smile.gif bye

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2017 - 05:28 AM