Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Its A Long One, Fill Of Typos, Grammar Errors And Me Whining., No serious musicians....
Enucleation
post Nov 13 2008, 05:03 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.546

When I first started playing guitar it was to be in a band so we got one together rather quick. cut out a lot of details it was me, a guitar player/singer and a drummer. We were all like 13-14 or something and not good at all. I stayed in that band for a long time we got better as musicians after getting a bassist and a different drummer after the last one left.

So we were called Deathrow Syndicate and our bassist was only there because well, we needed a bass player and he was a good friend, he wasnt good and he makes no claim to be serious about playing music, the drummer eventually didn't even want to be in it. Needless to say after a lot of dissapointments in songwriting and not playing ANY shows we broke up.

So a while back I formed a band called Enucleation, it was originally going to be me on Lead guitar, a guy I met (actually at church, hows that for a metal band forming mainly in church ;P groovy) named Cameron on le Fretless 5 string bass, the original drummer for Deathrow Syndicate and we were gonna have to look for a keyboardist and vocalist. I wanted to go for a Sonata Arctica-ish sound but the idea was changed to Death Metal. I did guitar and vocals and took away the keyboard idea and got a second guitar and kept the same lineup. We had 2 practices and then the drummer faded out and we started AGAIN.

This time it was just me and the same bass player, his brother came in on drums, there is a similar post about him and his skill... and a guy hey knew named Craig on guitar. This was a the most solid lineup I've ever had. We have some songs that I dare call ballin'. It was quickly realized that I couldnt do the deep growls for our style of music as we had drifted to a more melodic style, almost power metal. So the old guitar player from my first band had been taking singing lessons and while playing guitar hero 4 (thats right I said it) with him doing vocals I thought we had found our ticket.

Alright then, we all got together and G, can sing man. We sound pretty dang good, couple more songs and a few kinks worked out and recording and looking for shows will be next. But guess what... the singer he missed one practice and well, i wasnt happy but then one time, its ok, really not even an issue, but we only get to practice once a week maybe 2 if we are lucky. Anyway next week went great and now practice tomorrow. Woot.

Ok so pratice tomorrow, one of the cool 2 times a week ones. Last practice he took some lyrics home and said he was gonna rework them, being the singer no one was disputing that, i mean hes gotta sing em... So I talk to him online today and he tells me hes gotta miss practice tomorrow so he can study for a test on...WEDNESDAY! Thats 7 days away! Ok ok ok, fine but wait, our scheduled practices are on Monday so I ask how is he gonna make it to that, the response he gave was a "I dont know" then he said he had to go. And also the lyrics he want to make... ok before I go into this let me give my view. I am a Christian, consider myself pretty faithful, love Jesus the whole 9 yards (this isn't a religious debate, yes I am wrong in MANY ways) ANYWAY, he wants to be a Christian metal band, I got nothng against Christian metal, you guys ever hear Holy Blood or Impending Doom ?(er the Impending Doom from U.S.) dudes are brutal. But I don't want to be lyrically based on one thing. I want to write lyrics about my philosphies and all, I was starting one that dealt with alochol abuse. Stuff like that. He simply doesn't want to do any other lyrics.

So here we have a good singer that refuses to sing any lyrics other than Christian ones (which I don't know how lyrics about me being Pro-life regarding abortion and similar stuff arent Christian based), that is making a habit of missing practices, (and doesn't seem to care). I mean he is a nice guy. Great dude, fun to be around him, I met Dethklok with him, I met the drummer of Amon Amarth with him, seen plenty of shows with him, and for a while we were gonna go see In Flames next month (I think he cant afford it now...too bad) but things don't seem to be working out with him.

Where I live serious musicians are rare, and if you are thinking about metal....yeah right. Its not as if we can find a new singer, they just arent around.

Details have probably been left out but thats the gist of it....

Im sick of band trouble

This post has been edited by Enucleation: Nov 13 2008, 05:03 AM

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Frank
post Nov 13 2008, 05:25 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3.957

If you think you are a good guitar player, just move to another city.

+Quote Post
Jesse
post Nov 13 2008, 08:35 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5.426

haha biggrin.gif my band doesn't have a singer as wellxD

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Nov 13 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3.401

Good Singers are hard to find anywhere to be honest. If I was in Alabama I'd sing for you biggrin.gif Apply for a Visa for me and I'll come across to live laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Nov 13 2008, 01:01 PM
Post #5

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

Well I think you should give him some more time and talk to him...Ok he's gotta an test to do , wait till it passes and than talk to him about being serious about band practices..You have to tell him what you think to see if you can find a understanding..Tell him how you are serious about band practice and discuss the lyrics issue..I'm sure you will be able to find an understanding with lyrics...You can write them he just have to sing them..Maybe just maybe he is not the right person for the band , but I think you can accomplish a lot with band meetings..He won't change his behavior if he doesn't know what you feel...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
fatb0t
post Nov 13 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3.373

OC coming from the US, I can tell you right now (no offense anyone) you REALLY don't want to live in Alabama- especially if you're a metal head. hahaha

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Nov 13 2008, 04:13 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 3.401

QUOTE (fatb0t @ Nov 13 2008, 12:56 PM) *
OC coming from the US, I can tell you right now (no offense anyone) you REALLY don't want to live in Alabama- especially if you're a metal head. hahaha

I'm not a metal head lol. I'm more of a jazz freak biggrin.gif But I do like my metal smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2017 - 05:40 AM