Intermediate [ 42 ] ** [36.21%]
Intermediate-Advanced [ 19 ] ** [16.38%]
Advanced [ 6 ] ** [5.17%]
Total Votes: 116
Guests cannot vote 
Col Roberts
Nov 13 2008, 09:50 AM
Learning Roadie
Just thought it would be interesting to see the numbers for each of these categories for GMC students only (not instructors, just us mere mortals). Rate yourself based on the levels of GMC lessons you have learned or attempted. I'll rate myself a Beginner/Intermediate. Poll will close Friday, November 21.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Col Roberts: Nov 14 2008, 07:38 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 13 2008, 10:06 AM
GMC:er
Where is the poll huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 13 2008, 10:06 AM
Instructor
I don't see a forum poll smile.gif I would click intermediate with some advanced touches

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Nov 13 2008, 10:15 AM
Learning Roadie
Aaagh!! The poll disappeared when I corrected a typo. It has now been restored.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 13 2008, 10:16 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 13 2008, 09:06 AM) *
I don't see a forum poll smile.gif I would click intermediate with some advanced touches

Haha..then Emir...you need to re-evaluate your own playing wink.gif

You're definitely advanced man, take my word for it (from the other side of the scale here laugh.gif )

+Quote Post
superize
Nov 13 2008, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I would say i am intermidiet

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Canis
Nov 13 2008, 10:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Nov 13 2008, 10:16 AM) *
Haha..then Emir...you need to re-evaluate your own playing wink.gif

You're definitely advanced man, take my word for it (from the other side of the scale here laugh.gif )

Hehe, I agree tongue.gif Emir is definetly advanced ^^

I'm considering myself as a Intermediate.. And there is a whole planet between your playing and mine, Emir tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Nov 13 2008, 10:26 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 13 2008, 07:06 PM) *

If you're an Intermediate, Emir, then I must be .... what's the category before Beginner???? By the way, I intended this poll for GMC students, not instructors. I've tried to make that a little clearer in the poll.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
edguy
Nov 13 2008, 10:34 AM
Learning Roadie
My playing is getting more and more worse becaus of a lack of time to practice. So i vote for beginner:)
I tried palying Blackened by Metallica last week oh man fast downstrokes no way to play at the moment:)

And i tried diffrent AP licks and exercises and no chance to get it up to speed i went defnetly down in the level:)

Edguy

This post has been edited by edguy: Nov 13 2008, 10:36 AM

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 13 2008, 10:34 AM
Instructor
hehe, I voted Intermediate-Advanced. I see nobody clicked advanced yet.

The thing is how I see an advanced player. For me it's not only a technical issue. As long as I find some players almost "untouchable", I would consider myself intermediate. Those don't have to be a famous stars. I think I still have to learn a lot.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Nov 13 2008, 10:53 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 13 2008, 07:34 PM) *
hehe, I voted Intermediate-Advanced. I see nobody clicked advanced yet.

The thing is how I see an advanced player. For me it's not only a technical issue. As long as I find some players almost "untouchable", I would consider myself intermediate. Those don't have to be a famous stars. I think I still have to learn a lot.

In my eyes (and ears) Emir, and within the GMC community, you are certainly an advanced player. Perhaps, I should have added another category after Advanced ... perhaps "Instructor Material" (I'm too scared to edit the poll now - it may disappear again). Anyway, as I mentioned before I really intended the poll for us mere mortals, the GMC students. The results may be useful for the instructors.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 13 2008, 11:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Col Roberts @ Nov 13 2008, 09:53 AM) *
In my eyes (and ears) Emir, and within the GMC community, you are certainly an advanced player. Perhaps, I should have added another category after Advanced ... perhaps "Instructor Material" (I'm too scared to edit the poll now - it may disappear again). Anyway, as I mentioned before I really intended the poll for us mere mortals, the GMC students. The results may be useful for the instructors.

Cheers.

Sorry mate I didn't want to interrupt the voting smile.gif I thought anyone can vote.

If you asked me to vote 10 years ago I think I would press the same button as now. I am also sure that the same would happen in the next 10 years. If you ever get to this point where everybody think of you as an advanced player then you might remember what I meant. You will probably find your self somewhere there but you'll never be sure 100% if you are really one of those advanced ones smile.gif

I hope you understand

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Nov 13 2008, 11:10 AM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 13 2008, 11:24 AM
I put intermediate-advanced, because I can play a few advanced things, but I also have major technique lacks.

But then I read the thread, and if Emir is "intermediate-advanced", I cannot be even intermediate... tongue.gif

Guys like Emir, Muris, Gabriel, Ivan, etc I would put on a level beyond advanced if there were this option on the poll...

Probably no one or few people will vote advanced for himself, but from collabs I would say that some guys like Smells, Tolek and Tchjep are in there, in the advanced club.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Nov 13 2008, 11:31 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 13 2008, 08:08 PM) *
Sorry mate I didn't want to interrupt the voting smile.gif I thought anyone can vote.

If you asked me to vote 10 years ago I think I would press the same button as now. I am also sure that the same would happen in the next 10 years. If you ever get to this point where everybody think of you as an advanced player then you might remember what I meant. You will probably find your self somewhere there but you'll never be sure 100% if you are really one of those advanced ones smile.gif

I hope you understand

No worries, Emir. I should have made it clearer in the poll originally. My first poll, so it's a learning process.
Keep rockin'.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Nov 13 2008, 12:04 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well it all depends on how we view ourselves. I voted beginner-intermediate because beginner for me is a person that just started playing the instrument, maybe know basic chords, how to play smoke on the water, and not much more. But I could as well put myself in the beginner category, as I don't know so many things, that reaching intermediate level for me will take few years. I take into account many different things, as for example I can play some difficulty 5 lessons, but I couldn't create such melodies now, and I don't know the theory behind those pieces of music. Also in some techniques I am on difficulty level 2-3 etc.etc. I excepted that Emir or one of the other master guitarists from GMC will not vote advanced, because it always works as this: "the more You know how to play, the more You know how much there is still to learn".. Years ago if I would see some of the lessons I learned already I would think "wow if I would play that kind of stuff one day, I would truly rock". Now I see other, more advanced lessons and think the same thing huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 13 2008, 12:10 PM
I put beginner-intermediate. I'm intermediate in a lot of areas and beginner in a lot of others. But I'm pretty rubbish and useless on the whole to be honest.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
edguy
Nov 13 2008, 12:20 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 13 2008, 12:10 PM) *
I put beginner-intermediate. I'm intermediate in a lot of areas and beginner in a lot of others. But I'm pretty rubbish and useless on the whole to be honest.

I feel the same. If someone would say to me play something i think i had no idea what to play and then when i start playing he would think "man he is bad:)". I can play so many things but i have not the feeling to say he i am good:)

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Mr T
Nov 13 2008, 01:30 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 13 2008, 12:10 PM) *

Same here. Even though I've been at it for quite some time now.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Frank
Nov 13 2008, 02:02 PM
I vote my self to the very beginning:) .I been a beginner 25 yrs ago and looks like i must a love this level. I’m still hanging there .I hope not fore a long time. I still have time until I age to about 80 . I figure I can become a rock star by than. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 13 2008, 02:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Frank @ Nov 13 2008, 02:02 PM) *
I vote my self to the very beginning:) .I been a beginner 25 yrs ago and looks like i must a love this level. I’m still hanging there .I hope not fore a long time. I still have time until I age to about 80 . I figure I can become a rock star by than. smile.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This is funny

I consider myself intermediate and advance level.
I have some things that I need to work on in order to be totally satisfied with my voice in music wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:29 AM