Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jcm 800 With Channel Switching?
iamblackmo
post Nov 14 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.818

There is such a thing? I thought all the JCM leads where single channel and only had a clean channel. Do they make them that have two channels?

I am dead set on getting a Marshall, I am looking at JVM210H. Thoughts on this amp?

That was the first all tube amp I played and I don't think I go back to owning another solid state amp. It is night and day.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Nov 14 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3.401

I have an 81 JCM800 with 2 channels.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Nov 14 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #3

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

QUOTE (iamblackmo @ Nov 14 2008, 07:01 PM) *
There is such a thing? I thought all the JCM leads where single channel and only had a clean channel. Do they make them that have two channels?

I am dead set on getting a Marshall, I am looking at JVM210H. Thoughts on this amp?

That was the first all tube amp I played and I don't think I go back to owning another solid state amp. It is night and day.

The first couple of JCM800 models were single channel amps. 2205 had two channels, the modern reissue of 2203 I'm guessing is a single channel amp. Would be kind of wierd if it wasn't.

I'm sure the JVM is great! Now I havn't heard the 2xx series but the 4xx sound great, it's Marshall all the way and the idea is to be able to key in older models so the JCM800 is in there somewhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tommyboy
post Nov 18 2008, 02:20 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6.175

QUOTE (iamblackmo @ Nov 14 2008, 12:01 PM) *

I can say from first hand experience there is such a thing. I used to own a 2205 head. This was a 50 watt two channel amp. The lead channel was historic however, the clean channel was somewhat forgettable. It was a amazing head and I wish I wouldn't have sold it to get money for college. However, now I have a JCM 2000 DSL and I think it's everything the JCM 800 2205 was and so much more. Don't get fooled into thinking that Marshall quit making great amps after the JCM 800 series. I remember when the JCM 900's came out and I thought I would love to have that gain but the missing bottom end just didn't do it for me. This is where the JCM 2000's made up ground. Problem is they didn't make the footswitchable part of the amp like the JVM. But in terms of pure tone for the money you can't go wrong with a JCM 2000!!! Also, remember 50 watts in a tube head is all you'll ever need. Unless, your playing in front of 10.000 fans. If that's the case you won't be on this message board.

tommyboy

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Nov 19 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

QUOTE (tommyboy @ Nov 18 2008, 02:20 AM) *
Also, remember 50 watts in a tube head is all you'll ever need. Unless, your playing in front of 10.000 fans. If that's the case you won't be on this message board.

tommyboy

why not, maybe he's doing a stadium gig and don't wanna approach the stack wall every time he wanna switch the channel smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
tommyboy
post Nov 19 2008, 03:08 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6.175

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 18 2008, 05:43 PM) *
why not, maybe he's doing a stadium gig and don't wanna approach the stack wall every time he wanna switch the channel smile.gif

No, because he'll be to busy with the lady's after the show because he's now a guitar hero!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 11:50 PM